With the release of 0.8.6i, the ping.php is not longer required. I am removing.
I have revised the Advanced Ping Template to version 1.3. In this new version, I have added the following:
1) Ability to ping using either ICMP, TCP, or UDP protocols
2) Ability to choose the port number to ping (TCP, UDP)
3) Improved timeout logic so that you don't get gaps in your graph when a host in not available.
4) Improved Ping.php by using socket_select call whose timeout syntax is consistent between various PHP OS platforms
5) Cleaned up the Template that was causing issues with graph performance
In order to use this template properly, you will need to use the attached/updated files in addition to importing the new version of the template. Your prior template will be overwritten. So, make a backup of your database first.
I would also like to acknowledge Predou, the original author of the Ping template, who provided the inspiration for the whole thing. It appears through all the thousands of posts I have read and reviewed, I loose track of who posted what and where. Here is his original post: Smoke-ping 0.86c
deep into the thread contains v2.2 which has been updated for 0.8.7 (BSOD2600)