Cacti (home)ForumsRepositoryDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "RRDTool Default Font Path"
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:38 pm 

What is "RRDTool Default Font Path"?
Would be great if anyone could explain what this "RRDTool Default Font" is for :lol:

Post subject: Re: "RRDTool Default Font Path"
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:43 pm 

panden wrote:
What is "RRDTool Default Font Path"?
Would be great if anyone could explain what this "RRDTool Default Font" is for :lol:

With rrdtool version 1.2 and above you can select a TrueType Font that will be used to generate the graphs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:44 pm 
Cacti User

This is a relatively recent feature of RRDTool 1.2.x which has partial support in Cacti. It allows you to specify a TTF (True-Type Font) to be used in the drawing of your graphs where other fonts have not been specified (legend font, title font, et al). In general you'll want to use a mono spaced font so that auto-padding still works correctly (variable width fonts will throw off auto-padding).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:35 pm 

Sounds good. :)

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:01 pm 
Developer

More is on the way as well. I will put something in the Official Patches when it's ready.

TheWitness

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Central Templates Repository

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:07 am 
Cacti Guru User

Hi Larry

do you plan to include the font smoothing strength modification I posted here : http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=7520 ?

Also, I think it would be a good idea to let the slope mode as an option, here's what the rrdgraph man page tells about it : http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph.en.html

Quote:
[-E|--slope-mode]

RRDtool graphs are composed of stair case curves by default. This is in line with the way RRDtool calculates its data. Some people favor a more 'organic' look for their graphs even though it is not all that true.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

HOWTOs :
Templates :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:28 am 
Developer

There are two files in CVS "BRANCH_0_8_6" that you should be interested in. They are:

lib\rrd.php
include\config_settings.php

If you download these two, you will have the slope mode and much more font control. I am contemplating one more change, and that will be it for 0.8.6.

Then the focus will be completely on 0.9, which is going to be a VERY exciting release.

TheWitness

CVS if Located Here: http://cvs.cacti.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:42 am 

Sounds great TheWitness. Any ETA for 0.9?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:21 pm 
Developer/Forum Admin

We are thinking late summer...

I will be having more time to work on it now... :)

With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.

Post subject: error with config_settings.php
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:11 pm 

Hi,

just applied the mentioned patch to get Slope Mode Control, rrd.php works fine, but config_settings.php produces the following errors:

Notice: Use of undefined constant CACTI_BASE_PATH - assumed 'CACTI_BASE_PATH' in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 25

Warning: main(CACTI_BASE_PATH/include/graph/graph_arrays.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 25

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'CACTI_BASE_PATH/include/graph/graph_arrays.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 25

Notice: Use of undefined constant CACTI_BASE_PATH - assumed 'CACTI_BASE_PATH' in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 26

Warning: main(CACTI_BASE_PATH/include/config_arrays.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 26

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'CACTI_BASE_PATH/include/config_arrays.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to undefined function _() in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cacti/include/config_settings.php on line 30

I copied back my previous config_settings script on the cacti path and the errors went away. I kept the rrd.php file and got smoother graphs, which was my initial intention so I'm happy with the results.

So I suppose the downside is I'm not getting the new control parameters present on the latest config_settings script on CVS and rrd.php is just adjusting the graphs without even asking me for that option, Ok.

Do I have have any option for making the config_settings script work as intenteded ?

Thanks very much.

P.S. Great job. Excellent software !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:11 am 
Developer

Please apply the patches at the following location: http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/ ... re-patched The files you applied are for the next release of Cacti.

TheWitness