Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Default Spine Compile Limitations
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:29 pm 
Cacti User

I have compiled the most recent beta version of Spine on my Ubuntu 64 bit host and I was wondering what the limitations on the number of Data sources that can be polled from a single host and the limitation for the number of these data sources that can be entered into the "ppoller_output" table in a single polling cycle when using the default "RESULTS_BUFFER" and "max-mysql-buffer" settings.

I have a single host with over 400 separate data sources being polled each cycle When I run spine from the command line, it appears that all of the SNMP data is collected but the "INSERT into poller_output" statement is always truncated.

I have recompiled spine and increased both of these values but the SQL always appears truncated in the log.

Is it possible that the log is truncated and the actual SQL is operating properly?

Will increasing the buffer values correct this issue?

FYI, I do not have an yother issues with this version of code on my system.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:58 pm 
Cacti User

Update: It appears that the log entries are limited by the SMALL_BUFFER variable that is set to 256 in spine.h and that only the data in the log was being truncated and not the SQL insert.

It is likely that the original buffer values were/are sufficient, but it would be nice if there was some way to determine how much buffers will be used for each Datasource so the actual memory impact could be determined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 am 

Hi friends, the same problem often comes to me also.