Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Another Cisco Class Map Statistics - no script server (ugly)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:29 am 
Cacti User

This is my way to address the issue that the Class Map Statistics are not properly indexed on Cisco gear.
It involves some manual work when setting up the graphs, but this method does not use the script-server and thus does not slow your polling down, which is important in bigger environments.

Also it's very easy to add other metrics to the graphs.
Attachment:
graph_class.png
graph_class.png [ 40.51 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

The metrics I setup already :
cbQosCMPrePolicyBitRate : The bit rate of the traffic prior to executing any QoS policies.
cbQosCMPostPolicyBitRate : The bit rate of the traffic after executing QoS policies.
cbQosCMDropBitRate : The bit rate of the drops per class as the result of all features that can produce drops (e.g., police, random detect, etc.).
Attachment:
ManageEngine MibBrowser Free Tool_2017-01-19_14-31-20.png
ManageEngine MibBrowser Free Tool_2017-01-19_14-31-20.png [ 20.05 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

These are quite easy to get from the cbQosClassMapStats table. Problem is there is zero info about the actual policy name and direction in this table.
For this we have to call another two tables, which are differently indexed. This will cause us some manual work later. The cbQosServicePolicyTable has the information about the interface the policy is applied and the direction it is applied, and the cbQosCMCfgTalbe has the names of the policies defined in the router.
Now to match those tables indexes to the indexes used in the ClassMapStats table we have to look at the cbQosObjectsTable. And since two of those tables are differently indexed we'll have to use three data queries.

Great fun all this. Now how does this look in cacti ?
Well, it could be alot worse.
Attachment:
Console - Create New Graphs - Google Chrome_2017-01-19_15-14-37.png
Console - Create New Graphs - Google Chrome_2017-01-19_15-14-37.png [ 34.81 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

Basicly the top "Cisco - Class Based QoS Class Map Statistics is the ones you'll select to create your graphs. Know, how do you find out in which graph's you're interested ?

First, the interfaces, the bottom query will map the "qos interface" to the snmp interface index and show you the direction.
Next you can map the Class Map Name to the ConfigIndex, and then find in the top data query the graph you want to create.
I suggest renaming the graphs after you create them to something usefull as I've done in the example at the start of this post.

This might be a bit of manual work, but it beats using the script-server if you have to get a lot of those graphs.

Download :
Attachment:
cbQosCM.zip [5.98 KiB]
Downloaded 37 times

Import host template (it will install the graph and 3 data queries)
copy the 3 xml files from snmp_queries folder to your cacti install snmp_queries folder

Same can be found on my blog : http://www.routerjanitor.com/2017/01/ca ... s-map.html