Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Multi CPU-Template with more than 24 data sources
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:52 am 

Hi all,

our customer requested a single graph where all CPU-cores are displayed.
I found a thread http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11615&start=195 here with a download of some templates up to 32 cores.

Import was ok, but when I try to fill in the correct data-sources for this graph I am running in a problem.

24 of the data sources are correct but the rest (cpu10, cpu11, cpu12, cpu13, cpu14, cpu15, cpu8. cpu9) are filled in with a not correct data-source (cpu3 in my case)
I can correct this fill in the correct data sources after save I am not getting an error, but when I go to the grpch again the same problem only 24 data sources are filled in correct.

I don't have a clue where to find help on this, but I need 32 and more CPU-templates (40 and 72 cores)

Would be great if anyone can help me.

regards Christian

Post subject: Re: Multi CPU-Template with more than 24 data sources
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:11 am 

With Cacti 1.x, you do this with aggregate graphs.
First, you create single graphs for every CPU found on your device (Devices->(your device)->create graphs for this device->create all graphs for the "Data Query [SNMP - Get Processor Information]" table)
Then you go to Management->Graphs and filter the CPU graphs of your machine you just created. Check all you want in your aggregate graph.
Then click on the "Choose an action" drop down list on the bottom and choose "Create an aggregate graph". This will create a single graph with all single data sources merged (or aggregated). No tedious manual assignments of several data sources into a single graph.

I don't know if you can delete all the single graphs afterwards (while keeping their data sources), didn't try that yet. I assume it is required to keep them, because the graph id's appear as items of the aggregate, not the data source id's or graph template id's.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:56 am 
Cacti User

tertius wrote:
First, you create single graphs for every CPU found on your device (Devices->(your device)->create graphs for this device->create all graphs for the "Data Query [SNMP - Get Processor Information]" table)
Then you go to Management->Graphs and filter the CPU graphs of your machine you just created. Check all you want in your aggregate graph.
Then click on the "Choose an action" drop down list on the bottom and choose "Create an aggregate graph". This will create a single graph with all single data sources merged (or aggregated). No tedious manual assignments of several data sources into a single graph.

I don't know if you can delete all the single graphs afterwards (while keeping their data sources), didn't try that yet. I assume it is required to keep them, because the graph id's appear as items of the aggregate, not the data source id's or graph template id's.

For version 0.8.x you can delete the graphs but keep their data sources.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 am 

tertius wrote:

Thank you so much, that did it.
I just need to play around with this, but this is great.