The web server is Apache and is on the same machine. I'll check on the rights the cacti user has for creating files, but there's no error message in the editor about read-only. I checked again and noticed that I can create a brand new file and one based on another map, as long as I specified the .conf as part of the file name! They appear in the list fine.
The filenames are all .conf.
I've actually worked round this by creating new files by hand in File Explorer and copying the configs from the old files to the new ones.
No, it's not public facing
I'm a bit of a s/w numpty and when I've tried upgrading the various bits of software for Cacti in the past I've managed to break everything. I find that the support and documentation is more Linux orientated than Windows, so I've left it as it is
. Looks like I 'll need to work it all out now that Cacti v1 is out...
I think I'm actually sorted with this for now, without actually solving the problem. Thanks for your help.