Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weathermap future
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:38 pm 
Cacti Guru User

I just realised that I've never really mentioned any of this on the forum here...

Weathermap has its own website, with a blog, that I update from time to time with progress reports. It also has a forum (brand new), which I'll use to post howtos, try to get some discussion about development going, and also as an alternative for support, (especially if you don't use Cacti!). There's a twitter account and facebook page linked on the page, too, for people who like that kind of thing.

Another related thing is that I moved from subversion to github a couple of years ago, and use the github issue tracker for tracking open bugs (not support requests - that's what the forum is for).

Currently Weathermap 0.98 is not compatible with Cacti 1.x and PHP 7. Work is going on to fix that, and you can see the outstanding tasks here: https://github.com/howardjones/network- ... ne%3A1.0.0

v1.0.0 (which the next version will finally be) is fairly close now. If you have a test system (NOT YOUR PROD Cacti), then it's probably usable for testing right now. If you want to help test, grab the database-refactor branch, and read the Readme.md file - there are some extra things you need to do as a dev user that you wouldn't for a final version. Please also check the issues list to avoid creating a new duplicate issue.

Howie