Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Planning on upgrading our Cacti Interface - Cable Modems
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm 

Right now we're running on what I believe is a five year old Cacti graphing interface that has been maintained "as needed," and does not reflect where things should be.

The individual that built it built it in such a way that it cannot be altered without some serious assistance from somebody who knows what the hell they are doing with Cacti, and I am looking at the possibility of having to entirely rebuild the thing from scratch.

Before I get to that point though, there are some things I would like to know:

When you have the Nagios plugin, does it go out to Nagios to gather information, or does it or can it take information from Cacti and put it into Nagios?
For instance, I add a modem in Cacti/MacTrack via Autom8. Will that go out to Nagios and add the same information?

Can someone post some screenshots of a Nagios/Autom8/MacTrack/Cacti that shows this?

We're having to individually add static IP's to our monitoring system right now. It is maddening beyond all comprehension, knowing that better options that work are out there.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Planning on upgrading our Cacti Interface - Cable Modems
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:08 pm 

No reply in a year...

So am I climbing the wrong tree by looking at using MacTrack for a DOCSIS network?