Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: cacti 0.8.8h not displaying correct disk size (on some host)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:25 am
Posts: 1
First of all, first time poster, long time reader/lurker.


the story long version:

running a red hat enterprise VM with 0.8.8h cacti installed on it with 4 plugins installed: monitor, settings, syslog and Thold.
Saw on here that for the red hat distribution there was an update, i think version 1.0.4 or something. Decided to upgrade, found out all plugins where either not supported or no longer working on that version. (but repaired on a future version). Decided to go back to 0.8.8h.

Now here my real problem begins. The rollback to the old version went 'ok'ish', as in, i got it working eventually. But one thing doesn't work anymore: the used disk space.
Well more specific, it doesn't work on 1 host anymore... which happens to be my most important one ofc...

I got 2 disk space querries: both snmp, one is the default get mounted partitions, the other one hrStorageTable (see: http://docs.cacti.net/usertemplate:data:host_mib:disk_usage)

both are working fine on any other host. (as in reporting both actual used storage and total storage) but are wonky on this host.
This host is: a windows VM with 2 disk stored on our SAN-environment.
Attachment:
attachment1.JPG
attachment1.JPG [ 25.2 KiB | Viewed 40 times ]


Now on to the cacti part:
for the hrStorageTable query:

Attachment:
attachment2.JPG
attachment2.JPG [ 84.45 KiB | Viewed 40 times ]


for the default query:
Attachment:
attachment3.JPG
attachment3.JPG [ 66.56 KiB | Viewed 40 times ]



notice how the default one says that used size > total size.


steps allready done:

when i did my upgrade, i made per the recommendations, a backup from my folder holding all my querries, so i've restored them, to no avail
I've deleted the host completely, losing all graphic history, (so deleting data sources) and recreated them, to no avail.


kinda at a loss what to do since the query actually gives results, just not the correct ones....


thanks allready in advance for any info/suggestions. If you need anything else feel free to ask


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group