Alright, so you've gotten Cacti installed and you've got a problem. Here are a few things you should check and read before posting your question:
- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way as it'll increase your chances of getting assistance.
- The windows install guide and make sure you haven't missed anything.
- The FAQ which address common problems.
- Have you applied the latest patches for Cacti? Read this on how to apply them.
- Does the Cacti Technical Support page show everything is properly configured? System Utilities -> Technical Support.
- In your post, include the versions of the software you're using (if applicable):
RRDTool (Cygwin or Win32 build):
Cygwin (cygwin1.dll version):
You could save the output of the Cacti Technical Support to an HTML file and attach that to your post.
- A reason why graphs are not being displayed is often because of some error specific to rrdtool. Go to Graph Management. Click on a graph. In the top right corner, enable Graph Debugging. Does rrdtool report any error? If so, include the full output in your post.
- If you're not getting any graphs or rrd files created, it's likely because Cacti is not collecting valid data. To find out what is really going wrong, do the following and include it as either an attachment or QUOTE in your post.
Turn the polling level in cacti to debug (Settings | Polling level) for one cycle, wait for Cacti to run, and paste the output of the actual log file (<webroot>/cacti/log/cacti.log). If it contains WEBLOG entries, then don't bother posting since they just clutter up the log. Turn off WEBEVENTS logging and try again.
- Getting NaN's, blank graphs, or rrd files not created? Read how to troubleshoot the problem.
- Does the Cacti.log show MySQL errors? Read MySQL Server Error Codes and Messages for more details.
- It's possible you have file system permission problems. Read HOWTO: Debug Windows NTFS permission problems.
- Read through the Cacti documentation site (link above the forum) for the details how Cacti functions.