Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Release of Cacti 0.8.7g
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:36 am 

Hi,

I have upgraded my cacti installation to 0.8.7g. Everything else has worked like a charm. Now I noticed that there is no way to update/change <i>Graph Grouping Style</i> for host item. There where no error messages in GUI nor logs. After some investigation I did this change:

from api_tree.php line60

OLD ->
<code>
if (($type == TREE_ITEM_TYPE_HOST) && (sizeof(db_fetch_assoc($qs = "select id from graph_tree_items where host_id='$host_id' and local_graph_id='$local_graph_id' and graph_tree_id='$tree_id' and order_key like '$search_key" . str_repeat('_',
CHARS_PER_TIER) . str_repeat('0', (MAX_TREE_DEPTH * CHARS_PER_TIER) - (strlen($search_key) + CHARS_PER_TIER)) . "'")) > 0)) {
</code>
New ->
<code>
if (($type == TREE_ITEM_TYPE_HOST) && (sizeof(db_fetch_assoc($qs = "select id from graph_tree_items where host_id='$host_id' and local_graph_id='$local_graph_id' and graph_tree_id='$tree_id' and order_key like '$search_key" . str_repeat('_',
CHARS_PER_TIER) . str_repeat('0', (MAX_TREE_DEPTH * CHARS_PER_TIER) - (strlen($search_key) + CHARS_PER_TIER)) . "'")) > 1)) {

</code>

That modification did the trick. I tested it few times and didn't find anything broken or making duplicates. Maybe I find it later... Has anybody else ran into this kind of problem?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:03 am 

Yep. now I'm able to add duplicate hosts in graph tree. I'll change the code back to original. Obviously I have to find some other way to fix this situation.

Is it really so that I'm the only one suffering from this? I'm not able to change "Sorting Type" from:

Console -> Graph Trees -> (Edit) -> Graph Tree Items ->> Tree Items -> Sorting Type (select from list) and Save.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:15 pm 
Cacti User

hipster, I too am unable to change the sorting type after upgrading to .8.7g. Did you find an answer?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:35 am 

I did an upgrade of cacti from 0.87e to g last night, and I have noticed in Google Chrome a border has appeared along the top and down the left hand side. This doesn't show in FF 4.0.1 - Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Mike

[attachment=0]Cacti.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments:
Cacti.JPG
Cacti.JPG [ 14.64 KiB | Viewed 4343 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 pm 
Cacti Guru User

>> I did an upgrade of cacti from 0.87e to g last night,
>> and I have noticed in Google Chrome a border has appeared along the top and down the left hand side.
>> This doesn't show in FF 4.0.1 - Is there a fix for this?

Probably an official patch 'html_output.patch' for 0.8.7g will fix that issue.
Apply it and all other patches.