Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Interface skinning?
YES! 81%  81%  [ 116 ]
No. You're high. 19%  19%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 144
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:53 pm 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 22461
Location: Muenster, Germany
Kind of this will be part of 088. Colors may be set globally and/or per graph template. Many more rrdtool options will be supported.
R.

_________________
Official Cacti Documentation
Official Debugging Help
Central Plugin Repository
Central Templates Repository


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:50 am 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 5:08 pm
Posts: 14863
Location: MI, USA
Talking about an ancient post ;)

_________________
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
_________________
Official Cacti Documentation
Gandalfs Official Debugging Help
Central Plugin Repository
Central Templates Repository


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 am
Posts: 4
TheWitness wrote:
Talking about an ancient post ;)


hey! I only resurrected a 4 monther; plus, it's 10x more functionality than what previously existed! :) (even if the original was 5 years ago!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:59 am 
Offline
Cacti User

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 11:48 am
Posts: 71
sorry for bumping this up...

will this be part of the upcoming 0.8.8? I'm particullary interested in the possibility of changing the colors for graph items.
Will we get the possibility of integrating a background image for graph items too?

_________________
_________________
Cacti - 0.8.8c
Poller Type - SPINE 0.8.7i
Server Info - Linux 2.6.31.14 - Opensuse 11
Web Server - Apache/2.2.13 PHP 5.3.3
MySQL - 5.1.49 ;RRDTool - 1.3.7 ;SNMP - 5.4.2.1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:54 pm 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 22461
Location: Muenster, Germany
hmorandell wrote:
sorry for bumping this up...

will this be part of the upcoming 0.8.8? I'm particullary interested in the possibility of changing the colors for graph items.
Will we get the possibility of integrating a background image for graph items too?

Yes. All available color options of current rrdtool will be supported. The code is already in! And, you will be presented with a colorpicker to easy handling.
R.

_________________
Official Cacti Documentation
Official Debugging Help
Central Plugin Repository
Central Templates Repository


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 am
Posts: 1
stephens wrote:
TheWitness wrote:
Talking about an ancient post ;)


hey! I only resurrected a 4 monther; plus, it's 10x more functionality than what previously existed! :) (even if the original was 5 years ago!)


I really appreciate the time you spent in plugging in this code. Awesome work.

Question:
I would like to remove/change the color of the border that is around every graph (it is basically 1 pixel wide) where would i find this code to modify it?

I attempted to add:

/* basic graph options */
$graph_opts .=
"--imgformat=" . $image_types{$graph["image_format_id"]} . RRD_NL .
"--start=$graph_start" . RRD_NL .
"--end=$graph_end" . RRD_NL .
"-c CANVAS#000000 -c FONT#FFFFFF -c BACK#000000 --title=\"" . $graph["title_cache"] . "\"" . RRD_NL .
/* "--border=0 */
"--title=" . cacti_escapeshellarg($graph["title_cache"]) . RRD_NL .
"$rigid" .
"--base=" . $graph["base_value"] . RRD_NL .
"--height=$graph_height" . RRD_NL .
"--width=$graph_width" . RRD_NL .
"$scale" .
"$unit_value" .
"$unit_exponent_value" .
"$graph_legend" .
"--vertical-label=" . cacti_escapeshellarg($graph["vertical_label"]) . RRD_NL;

and it borked everything...

Help please???

EDIT: I commented it out so it would not impact the production graphs...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:40 am
Posts: 13
gandalf wrote:
hmorandell wrote:
sorry for bumping this up...

will this be part of the upcoming 0.8.8? I'm particullary interested in the possibility of changing the colors for graph items.
Will we get the possibility of integrating a background image for graph items too?

Yes. All available color options of current rrdtool will be supported. The code is already in! And, you will be presented with a colorpicker to easy handling.
R.


5 year necro....

Did this just fade away into the ether, or is skins/themes still in the works?
It looked promising, but I can see where it could quickly turn into a nightmare.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:24 pm 
Offline
Developer

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:29 pm
Posts: 2562
Location: B/CS Texas
Tehrasha wrote:
5 year necro....

Did this just fade away into the ether, or is skins/themes still in the works?
It looked promising, but I can see where it could quickly turn into a nightmare.

Yes, Cacti themes and graph themes are already in Git, and will be available once 1.0 is released.
Attachment:
themedgraph.png
themedgraph.png [ 43.21 KiB | Viewed 5233 times ]

_________________
CactiEZ CD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm
Posts: 19
Cigamit,

Can you kindly point out where and how in Cacti-1 we can change the color of graphs to for instance the black color you have.

i have looked under Settings > Visual but nothing there seems to indicate how the graph color can be changed.

I will appreciate this info

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline
Developer

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:29 pm
Posts: 2562
Location: B/CS Texas
kaf3773 wrote:
Cigamit,

Can you kindly point out where and how in Cacti-1 we can change the color of graphs to for instance the black color you have.

i have looked under Settings > Visual but nothing there seems to indicate how the graph color can be changed.

I will appreciate this info

Thanks

In 1.X, that is just the default graph color scheme for anyone using the "Dark Theme".
If you want to tweak the specific settings for a theme, you can take a look at
include/themes/<theme_name>/rrdtheme.php

_________________
CactiEZ CD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [INFO] Black graphs look better than white! :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm
Posts: 19
Cigamit,

Thanks very much this was very helpful.

I must mention that you folks at the Cacti Group have done such an awesome job with 1.X. !!!

Thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group