Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Various Problems with Cacti SVN 0.8.8 (r7705)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:12 pm 

I've recently started tracking the svn repository of http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc/cacti/branches/0.8.8/ as somewhat of a preview of new features and bug fixes and observed a number of problems with it. I am currently running r7705 (looks like there have been a few commits since but nothing that appears to impact me). I guess this is the right place to be reporting these issues...

I have a Gentoo system running MariaDB 10.0.15, rrdtool 1.4.9 and php-5.6.4. I am using cmd.php, not spine (I would convert over to spine but it doesn't handle textual OIDs so I have to stay on cmd.php till that bug is fixed).

The issues I am seeing at the moment are:

1. CLOG view is spitting back lots of errors about bad SQL statements:

01/18/2015 10:21:31 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:1064, SQL:"SELECT description FROM host WHERE id=e[18"
01/18/2015 10:21:11 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] SQL Backtrace: (/clog.php:39 clog_view_logfile)(/lib/clog_webapi.php:200 db_fetch_cell)(/lib/database.php:182 db_fetch_cell_prepared)
01/18/2015 10:21:11 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '[18' at line 1
01/18/2015 10:21:11 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:1064, SQL:"SELECT description FROM host WHERE id=e[18"
01/18/2015 10:21:11 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] SQL Backtrace: (/clog.php:39 clog_view_logfile)(/lib/clog_webapi.php:200 db_fetch_cell)(/lib/database.php:182 db_fetch_cell_prepared)
01/18/2015 10:21:11 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '[18' at line 1
01/18/2015 10:21:11 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:1064, SQL:"SELECT description FROM host WHERE id=e[18"

2. Rather big problem, at the moment there is something messed up with editing Graphs. All graphs under Console -> Management -> Graphs are uneditable. If I go into any of them all of the parameters are greyed out, with both IE and Chrome. The graphs are not locked - just uneditable - and toggling the lock status doesn't fix the problem. This seems to have broken in the last week or so.

3. Possibly related to (2), the devices have the correct name showing in the graph name, but all have defaulted to displaying belonging to the first host in my list of devices. And the hostname is one of the sections that is greyed out (see note 2 above) so I can't fix it up. The odd thing is that if I select a given host in the Graph Management Device up the top, all the graphs that actually belong to the host show up.

4. I have a script command run as a Data Input Method that looks like this:

/usr/bin/ssh root@waterspout /usr/local/bin/vproweather --metric --format="<Input>\n" /dev/WeatherStation

Periodically this \n is interpreted literally, and the Input String then gets trashed (the \n gets interpreted and is removed from the command which means the command is executed as two lines with a line feed between - and breaks the arguments to the command entirely).
I think I may have seen a bug about this in bugs.cacti.net somewhere...

5. Some SQL errors when a report is created and has been configured:

01/18/2015 10:34:55 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] SQL Backtrace: (/reports_admin.php:67 reports_item_edit)(/lib/html_reports.php:907 draw_edit_form)(/lib/html_form.php:88 draw_edit_control)(/lib/html_form.php:195 db_fetch_assoc)(/lib/database.php:303 db_fetch_assoc_prepared)
01/18/2015 10:34:55 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error: Unknown column 'order_key' in 'order clause'
01/18/2015 10:34:55 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error:1054, SQL:"(SELECT id, CONCAT_WS('', title, ' (Branch)') AS name FROM graph_tree_items WHERE graph_tree_id=0 AND host_id=0 AND local_graph_id=0 ORDER BY order_key) UNION (SELECT graph_tree_items.id, CONCAT_WS('', description, ' (Host)') AS name FROM graph_tree_items INNER JOIN host ON host.id=graph_tree_items.host_id WHERE graph_tree_id=0) ORDER BY name"
01/18/2015 10:34:27 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] SQL Backtrace: (/reports_admin.php:67 reports_item_edit)(/lib/html_reports.php:907 draw_edit_form)(/lib/html_form.php:88 draw_edit_control)(/lib/html_form.php:195 db_fetch_assoc)(/lib/database.php:303 db_fetch_assoc_prepared)
01/18/2015 10:34:27 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error: Unknown column 'order_key' in 'order clause'
01/18/2015 10:34:27 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error:1054, SQL:"(SELECT id, CONCAT_WS('', title, ' (Branch)') AS name FROM graph_tree_items WHERE graph_tree_id=0 AND host_id=0 AND local_graph_id=0 ORDER BY order_key) UNION (SELECT graph_tree_items.id, CONCAT_WS('', description, ' (Host)') AS name FROM graph_tree_items INNER JOIN host ON host.id=graph_tree_items.host_id WHERE graph_tree_id=0) ORDER BY name"

6. In nectar, an ALL option to select all graphs is missing. If I am managing a customer's router or switch for example, I may want to send them all graphs for a device so being able to do this would make life a lot easier.

7. I've had a longstanding problem whereby some corruption occurs within the poller_item table. This has been a problem with release versions as well (it's not just a problem in svn) but I haven't yet been able to track down what is triggering it. Basically what happens is a few of the rows get assigned to new hosts, which is a problem because those tests are SNMP tests of temperature plotting OIDs on specific devices. Everything else about the row remains intact. The devices that these typically get rewritten to don't have those OIDs being polled so the tests start failing. If I go in and view the poller item from the GUI it looks OK; I have to manually edit the hostname for those local_data_ids back to what it should be, and then it's all good again.
How can I debug this further? It's highly irritating but it doesn't happen with enough regularity to leave the system on debug level polling all the time...

Thanks,
Reuben

Post subject: Re: Various Problems with Cacti SVN 0.8.8 (r7705)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:05 pm 
Cacti Moderator

Yes, the SVN is undergoing constant code changes. Please check if the latest (SVN #7712) still exhibits these issues. If so, make sure it hasn't already been reported (http://bugs.cacti.net/view_all_bug_page.php) and if not, create reports for each issue on using the Product Version 1.0.0-ALPHA tag.

thanks for the reports.

| Scripts: Monitor processes | RFC1213 MIB | DOCSIS Stats | Dell PowerEdge | Speedfan | APC UPS | DOCSIS CMTS | 3ware | Motorola Canopy |
| Guides: Windows Install | [HOWTO] Debug Windows NTFS permission problems |
| Tools: Windows All-in-one Installer |