Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Data query XML behaviour change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:34 am
Posts: 4
Hello,

I've been running Cacti 1.0.0 for a few days (Great job !!).

I've noticed that the behaviour with the keyword OID/REGEXP seems to be different between 1.0.0 and 0.8.8g.

In 0.8.8g I've got the following log (verbose query)

+ Running data query [23].
+ Found type = '3' [SNMP Query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/local/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/mysql.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ <oid_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting oid_index entries
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.20267.200.1.1.0' Index Count: 1
+ Index found at OID: 'enterprises.20267.200.1.1.0' value: '272167426'
+ index_parse at OID: 'enterprises.20267.200.1.1.0' results: '0'
+ Inserting index data for field 'Index' [value='0']

-> the value is set to 0

In 1.0.0 I've got the following log

otal: 0, Delta: 0, Running data query [15].
Total: 0, Delta: 0, Found type = '3' [SNMP Query].
Total: 0, Delta: 0, Found data query XML file at '/usr/local/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/mysql.xml'
Total: 0.01, Delta: 0.01, XML file parsed ok.
Total: 0.01, Delta: 0, <oid_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting oid_index entries
Total: 0.01, Delta: 0.01, Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.20267.200.1.1.0' Index Count: 1
Total: 0.01, Delta: 0, Index found at OID: 'enterprises.20267.200.1.1.0' value: '272167426'
Total: 0.01, Delta: 0, index_parse at OID: 'enterprises.20267.200.1.1.0' results: '0'
Total: 0.01, Delta: 0, Inserting index data for field 'Index' [value='272167426']
Total: 0.02, Delta: 0, Update data query sort cache complete
Total: 0.02, Delta: 0, Update re-index cache complete
Total: 0.02, Delta: 0, Update graph data query cache complete
Total: 0.02, Delta: 0, Update data source data query cache complete
Total: 0.02, Delta: 0, Update data query cache complete
Total: 0.03, Delta: 0.01, Update poller cache from query complete
Total: 0.03, Delta: 0, Automation execute data query complete
Total: 0.03, Delta: 0, Plugin hooks complete

-> The value is "not" set properly (or at least as it was in 0.8.8g)

My XML file looks like this :

<interface>
<name>Get SNMP MYSQL</name>
<description>Queries a host for MYSQL Stats</description>
<oid_index>.1.3.6.1.4.1.20267.200.1.1.0</oid_index>
<oid_index_parse>OID/REGEXP:^.{26}(.*).*</oid_index_parse>
<index_order>Index</index_order>
<index_order_type>alphabetic</index_order_type>
<fields>
<Index>
<name>Index</name>
<source>index</source>
<direction>input</direction>
</Index>


Thanks

Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Data query XML behaviour change
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:39 pm 
Offline
Cacti User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 210
Can you please open an issue in Github and post this detail. Thanks!

_________________
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group