Please excuse my bad english
Thoses scripts and templates will allow you to create statistics for wifi interfaces on a Linux host.
Only wifi specifics parameters will be graphed as traffic can be done by other methods.
You will be able to see :
- Connection bit rate (Mb/s)
- Quality of the link (%)
- Signal and Noise level (dBm)
The values are gather from output of iwconfig command. Listing of interfaces is from /proc/net/wireless pseudo file.
1) Copy script_queries/wifiStatistics.xml script_queries directory
eg: cp script_queries/wifiStatistics.xml /usr/share/cacti/resource/script_queries/
2) Copy scripts/cacti_iwconfig.pl file to your scripts directory
eg: cp scripts/cacti_iwconfig.pl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/
3) Import the XML files from the templates directory
(data_query, data_template and 3 graph_template)
1) Select a "Device" with some wifi interfaces
2) Add the "Linux - Wifi Statistics" "Data Query" to it
3) In the "Create New Graphs" for this host, choose the "Wifi Interface" and the "graph type" and click "create"
As this is my firts attempt to create templates for cacti, please report any problems or possible enhancements.
For more details see http://kubuntu.free.fr/cacti/