Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Citrix Presentation Server - Sessions - Template
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:51 am 
Cacti User

I am running this template for a couple of months now and thought some of you might be interested. I exported this as a host template and hope everything you need is included.

How it works:

I query a certain OID which shows the current amount of Citrix Sessions on the server. The problem is that you get the user created sessions plus a certain amount of system generated sessions. In my case there were always 3 system generated session which i was not interested in. So i created a CDEF for the sessions which deducts the amount of 3 for the current data source.

Based on the single server data i then created a cumulative graph of all citrix sessions available. The problem with the total again is the not wanted system generated sessions. Cacti is currently not able to report the amount of data sources in a function/variable which u could use for dynamic calculating the amount of session to deduct. (Hope someone could actually understand the last sentence *g*)
Anyway what i then did was create a second CDEF which deducts "Amount of data sources * 3" from the combined graph.

If those CDEF's are not included in the Host Template simply create those two according to my description above.

Have a look at the screenshots and if you can use template i am happy to help.

Greetings...

ScOp3

PS: If anyone has knowledge about other usable OID's i will add them to the template.

Attachments:
File comment: View of total graphed Citrix Server...
Citrix.png
Citrix.png [ 18.18 KiB | Viewed 29987 times ]
File comment: View of how to config a total/summary graph...
Citrix-Summary-Config.png
Citrix-Summary-Config.png [ 42.76 KiB | Viewed 29983 times ]
File comment: View of single graphed Citrix Server...
Citrix-Server.png
Citrix-Server.png [ 17.68 KiB | Viewed 29983 times ]
File comment: Citrix Host Template
cacti_host_template_citrix_server.zip [2.52 KiB]
Downloaded 3113 times

Last edited by ScOp3 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:04 pm 
Cacti User

I run almost the same thing, but my Terminal_Server_Sessions counter could not be trusted (It was off by a random number, not a static one like 3). Instead I scripted each Citrix Server to run a dump on there current connection statistics & program utliization to a flat text file on the Cacti Server. I then used a different program to read in the file every 5 minutes, and put it in the RRD Database for use. Works well, but entirely custom to my environment.

I used stacking on the graph so I could determine that Load Balancing was working properly on the farm.

Attachments:
farm_total.png
farm_total.png [ 29.27 KiB | Viewed 29949 times ]
programs.png
programs.png [ 31.88 KiB | Viewed 29949 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:21 am 
Cacti User

Phobos182 wrote:
I run almost the same thing, but my Terminal_Server_Sessions counter could not be trusted (It was off by a random number, not a static one like 3).

I think the problem with determining the correct amount of surplus sessions might also be related to changing users. If you query the OID when you are sure no one is working on a specific farm server you get the correct amount to deduct. If you have different amounts of surplus sessions between you're farm servers it might be due to different server version or patch level maybe. Anyway i could ask my Citrix Dude when i get back from vacation.

I wonder if anyone got that template working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:47 am 

The user count value from a citrix server (presentation 3.0) is not right, but i use this SNMP4CTX with MRTG and OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9827.1.1.1.1.0 to get the right user count.

SNMP4CTX is a Microsoft SNMP extension agent, that allows SNMP to be used to collect application statistics from Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame/MetaFrame XP.

http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/snmp4ctx.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:27 pm 
Cacti User

Meisi wrote:
The user count value from a citrix server (presentation 3.0) is not right, but i use this SNMP4CTX with MRTG and OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9827.1.1.1.1.0 to get the right user count.

SNMP4CTX is a Microsoft SNMP extension agent, that allows SNMP to be used to collect application statistics from Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame/MetaFrame XP.

http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/snmp4ctx.htm

Are you talking about the template? It graphs sessions, not Users. If that OID you posted will report users i will check it out once i get back from vacation.

Also you have to adjust the included CDEF which is set to my enviroment. Not sure if you are talking about the template though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 am 

any news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:56 pm 
Cacti User

Are there any new Citrix templates out there?? PS 4.0 4.5 or XenApp stuff?