Script to repair spikes in all your .rrd files at once

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Script to repair spikes in all your .rrd files at once

#1 Post by adjacent » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:19 am

This is a little Bash script I threw together that uses removespikes.pl to fix all the spikes in your graphs. It is useful to run nightly or weekly to fix spikes caused by power outages, and device reboots.

I doubt I'm the only one who made a script like this, so if you have a more elegant solution please let us know. Happy graphing!

Scott
Attachments
fix_all_spikes.txt
Make sure to make this script chmod +x
(703 Bytes) Downloaded 3102 times
"And when the green on our graves has mouldered away, some gray warrior sitting by night at the blazing fire will tell thy deeds to his sons, and they shall bless and admire the men of old." - William Lewis Lockwood

Ghandi
Cacti User

#2 Post by Ghandi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:07 am

is there a script "commander" available that is so good and can programm this script for windows? :D that were very helpfull for me, and i think for lot others to :)

one question, when i reboot devices i get the spike, ok, i understand why, BUT... today i reboot one of our 5 citrix servers.. and i get no spike.. then i reboot it again for watching what happened... and i get again no spike.. hmm... why? why i get no spike when i reboot this server... on all others spike will shown.. but not for this one...

greetings..

adjacent

#3 Post by adjacent » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:04 am

Sorry, I'm Windows illiterate, but I think there are utilities out there to convert bash scripts to batch files. About the spikes you are getting, or not getting. It has to do with the counters used by cacti and how they roll over. But, there are alot of threads about this so I want waste anymore bandwidth on it.
"And when the green on our graves has mouldered away, some gray warrior sitting by night at the blazing fire will tell thy deeds to his sons, and they shall bless and admire the men of old." - William Lewis Lockwood

Ghandi
Cacti User

#4 Post by Ghandi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:21 am

ok, thanks for your info.. i will search the forum.. and a tool for bash-batch files! ;)

thx