Search found 6 matches

by davideb
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:54 am
Forum: Scripts and Templates
Topic: Varnish cache statistics
Replies: 26
Views: 28252

Re: Sorry for the late reply...

I'm using 0.8.7d too. Strange, I can re-export the whole shebang

Don't know why but it seems that the original XMS was somehow corrupted. Well, here it is again.

Davide
by davideb
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:47 am
Forum: Help: General
Topic: cacti template for varnish
Replies: 4
Views: 2073

Re: cacti template for varnish

jiean wrote:anyone can tell me the template for varnish ?
thanks
See http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t ... ht=varnish
by davideb
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 am
Forum: Scripts and Templates
Topic: Varnish cache statistics
Replies: 26
Views: 28252

Sorry for the late reply...

I'm not able to import the varnish+xinetd template in Cacti, it's giving me an "Error: XML: Hash version does not exist.". What version of Cacti are you using? We are still running 0.8.7d here, i'm guessing you're running 0.8.7e and it's not backwards compatible? Thanks! I'm using 0.8.7d too. Stran...
by davideb
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:43 am
Forum: Scripts and Templates
Topic: Varnish cache statistics
Replies: 26
Views: 28252

Without the use of the management interface

After a while, I didn't liked the idea to have Varnish management's interface exposed to the world. Since it doesn't have any kind of authentication on his own. So I decided to employ a trick and used the varnishstat tool called directly from Xinetd. This way I just need to poke that to get the same...
by davideb
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 am
Forum: Scripts and Templates
Topic: How to get the number of items in a MTA's queue remotly
Replies: 7
Views: 31208

extend is the same as exec

Just replace 'exec' with 'extend':

extend .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.53.101.1 mailq /usr/local/bin/mailq.pl
by davideb
Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:03 am
Forum: Scripts and Templates
Topic: Varnish cache statistics
Replies: 26
Views: 28252

Varnish script in Perl.

We had a little problem because Python wasn't installed on the Cacti machine, so I took the original python script and rebuild it in Perl. It needs the Net::Telnet perl module to work.

I've also added different graphs.

Here is the whole shebang.