Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aggregate Specified Data Sources Only
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:49 pm 

Hi Team,

Looking for some help with aggregate plugin that im struggling to get right.

Basically what I want to do is add 4 traffic_in data sources to a graph, sum 3 of them to a line graph, and have the last as its own line graph.

Ultimately what I'm creating is transit vs peering, where I want my main transit link represented by a single line graph, overlayed with my 3 peering links summed together for another line graph.

Unfortunately everything i've tried with aggregate plugin only allows me to total ALL data sources or total SIMILAR data sources, and because all 4 data sources are traffic_in on the same host, it counts them all as similar and I only ever get all 4 in the summed line.

Any ideas/help?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Aggregate Specified Data Sources Only
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:58 pm 

Found a work-around - was able to set the outlier as 'MAX' and that puts it as different enough, but still shows the graph.

It's not perfect, as i'd like another line that takes all datasources and creates a 'total' line, but it breaks one or the other when i try match it.

It'd be awesome if there's a way to specify datasources to aggregate rather than it guessing what you want with 'similar' so can make some better more specific graphs, but i've ultimately got what I wanted to see for right now.