Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Cisco cpus and memory pools -- update April 26 2009
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:23 am 
Cacti User

Thanks for the patch. I've made the fix as well as corrected a couple of other minor problems. I also updated the graph template to use overlays instead of stacked area plots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 am 

Hello,

it seems that CPU script/template does not work for 0.8.7f and 0.8.7g.

Here the verbose query output:

Code:
+ Running data query [18].
+ Found type = '6 '[script query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti/resource/script_server/cisco_cpu.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php XXXXXXX:2:bSNMPro:::::::161:5000 index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php XXXXXXX:2:bSNMPro:::::::161:5000 query cpuDevice'
+ Found item [cpuDevice=' No CPU data was returned from SNMP'] index: FATAL
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php XXXXXXX:2:bSNMPro:::::::161:5000 query cpuName'
+ Found item [cpuName=' No CPU data was returned from SNMP'] index: FATAL
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php XXXXXXX:2:bSNMPro:::::::161:5000 query cpuDesc'
+ Found item [cpuDesc=' No CPU data was returned from SNMP'] index: FATAL
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti/resource/script_server/cisco_cpu.xml'

After that I had tried to execute the script via cli with the same result. I tied to capture the snmp traffic via tcpdump and bingo, for all the queries above there is no snmp communication between the server and the router.

This is only a problem for new devices, the older ones are working(that means that a "php /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php XXXXXXX:2:bSNMPro:::::::161:5000 get onemin 1" works fine.

Is it possible to fix this problem?

Regards,

dbee

Post subject: Re: Cisco cpus and memory pools -- update November 11, 2010
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:26 pm 
Cacti User

I've uploaded a new version of the CPU template that is compatible with 0.8.7g

http://www.eric-a-hall.com/software/cacti-cisco-cpu/

Post subject: Re: Cisco cpus and memory pools -- update November 11, 2010
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 pm 

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Is this still being maintained? I used the CPU script on a router I have, and it initially seemed to work. However with no changes in cacti, the router configuration or the IOS version it has stopped and reports the following events:

+ Executing script for list of indexes '"/usr/bin/php" -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php <hostname>:2:<community>:::::::161:500 index' Index Count: 1
+ Found index: FATAL: No CPU data was returned from SNMP
+ Executing script query '"/usr/bin/php" -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php <hostname>:2:<community>:::::::161:500 query cpuDevice'
+ Found item [cpuDevice=' No CPU data was returned from SNMP'] index: FATAL
+ Executing script query '"/usr/bin/php" -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php <hostname>:2:<community>:::::::161:500 query cpuName'
+ Found item [cpuName=' No CPU data was returned from SNMP'] index: FATAL
+ Executing script query '"/usr/bin/php" -q /var/www/cacti/scripts/ss_cisco_cpu_usage.php <hostname>:2:<community>:::::::161:500 query cpuDesc'
+ Found item [cpuDesc=' No CPU data was returned from SNMP'] index: FATAL

Any ideas on why this would just stop like that? I'm running .8.8.8a. TIA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6