10GB Interfaces

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Cacti User

10GB Interfaces

#1 Post by Tybio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Greetings all,

I'm currently trying to make a new SNMP - Interfaces Query to deal with ifHighSpeed on our devices, I've got everything working perfectly with the exception of not knowing how to deal with the change in base values.

In the ifSpeed world, the value is displayed in bits/sec...in ifHighSpeed it is in mbits/sec. So for a 1G port the data source is created it is set with a "Max" of 1000 bits/sec if I use the per-data source option rather then the 1000000 it should be (in bits/sec speak)

Are there any plans to include a method for managing this that does not involve editing each data source by hand? Right now I have it working by setting the "Max" value in the Data Template to 10000000000, but that is not an ideal answer as it allows for bad polls to make it into the RRD on lower speed interfaces and does not let me test for usage against max in scripts/plugins.

I know there is no short term answer to this (Unless I'm just flat missing something). I was just wondering if this was on the developers radar to be addressed at some point?

gandalf
Developer

Re: 10GB Interfaces

#2 Post by gandalf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Tybio wrote:I know there is no short term answer to this (Unless I'm just flat missing something). I was just wondering if this was on the developers radar to be addressed at some point?
It's a know issue and it's on our todo list
Reinhard

Tybio
Cacti User

#3 Post by Tybio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Good enough for me, thanks for the input!