Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 'A script on this page may be busy' since 1.0.4/1.1.0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 am 

Since updating to cacti 1.0.4 (from 0.8.8h) and then to 1.1.0, I have been receiving popup notifications from my mozilla browser telling me that "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.... http://.../cacti/include/js/pace.js:592"

I've tried adjusting the about:config setting dom.max_script_run_time from its default of 10s to 30s but that just means that my system gets busier. Running `top` shows me that my web browser is using 110% of the cpu (An Intel Xeon e3-1245v3, 3.4GHz) when this starts to happen. Closing the browser down and restarting it fixes it for about 24 hours and then it starts again. As a test, I've not logged onto this cacti system since restarting my browser last night and the problem has not recurred since so I'm reasonably sure that it is the new cacti doing this.

I have two tabs open to 2 different cacti systems. One is my work one that's still on 0.8.8h and has around 4500 graphs and is not showing the problem. The other is my home system that is updated to 1.1.0 and has about 200 graphs and is showing the problem. I'm currently logged onto the work (0.8.8h) system and my web browser is using 11% cpu.

Is this a known problem?

Oops, sorry, just noticed this is the wrong forum for this - could a kindly mod please relocate it to the correct one?