Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Error in plugin routerconfigs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:00 pm 

I installed plugin to back up the routers and gave this error i need help!!!

(/plugins/routerconfigs/router-devices.php: 135 actions_devices)
(/plugins/routerconfigs/router-devices.php: 305 plugin_routerconfigs_download_config)
(/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php: 192 Connect)
(/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php: 887 fputs)
(CactiErrorHandler)(/lib/functions.php: 4408 cacti_debug_backtrace)

Last edited by cezario2009 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Error in plugin routerconfigs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:25 pm 
Cacti Guru User

You have provided a stack trace here, but not the actual error message. Do you have that as well?

Cacti Releases

My resources:
How to submit Pull Requests
Development Wiki and How To's
Updated NetSNMP Memory template for Cacti 1.x
Cisco SFP template for Cacti 0.8.8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:12 am 

netniV wrote:
You have provided a stack trace here, but not the actual error message. Do you have that as well?

when I try to back up the router settings

2017/12/27 13:10:02 - CMDPHP PHP ERROR NOTICE Backtrace: (/plugins/routerconfigs/router-devices.php: 135 actions_devices)(/plugins/routerconfigs/router-devices.php: 305 plugin_routerconfigs_download_config)(/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php: 192 Connect)(/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php: 887 fputs)(CactiErrorHandler)(/lib/functions.php: 4408 cacti_debug_backtrace)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 am 

cezario2009 wrote:
netniV wrote:

when I try to back up the router settings

2017/12/27 13:10:02 - CMDPHP PHP ERROR NOTICE Backtrace: (/plugins/routerconfigs/router-devices.php: 135 actions_devices)(/plugins/routerconfigs/router-devices.php: 305 plugin_routerconfigs_download_config)(/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php: 192 Connect)(/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php: 887 fputs)(CactiErrorHandler)(/lib/functions.php: 4408 cacti_debug_backtrace)

ERROR PHP NOTICE in Plugin 'routerconfigs': Array to string conversion in file: /var/www/html/plugins/routerconfigs/functions.php on line: 636

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 pm 
Cacti User

You will need to provide more information than you have in order for someone to help.

That last error is not the reason your config is not backing up, it's function is merely to provide info in debugging and can be ignored or omitted from the code.

Do you know that your configs can manually be backed up/pushed from the device CLI to the cacti server? (To eliminate network path, configuration issues, and credential issues as a cause)

Can you post the output of the "Router Debug Info" icon under actions on the devices tab?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:42 pm 

smiles wrote:
You will need to provide more information than you have in order for someone to help.

That last error is not the reason your config is not backing up, it's function is merely to provide info in debugging and can be ignored or omitted from the code.

Do you know that your configs can manually be backed up/pushed from the device CLI to the cacti server? (To eliminate network path, configuration issues, and credential issues as a cause)

Can you post the output of the "Router Debug Info" icon under actions on the devices tab?

From inside the router I can manually send the configuration to the cacti server using:
copy running-config tftp: xxx.xxx.xx.xx
Do you have any examples of how to configure cacti to backup?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:07 pm 
Cacti User

The Router Debug Info output will tell you if cacti is successfully logging into the device or not, and also tell you if it's erroring out on any of the commands it's issuing to send the backup. That is why I asked for it's output.