Support questions about the MAC Track plugin

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Cacti User

device import from cacti-device failed - no drop-down box

#1 Post by torstentfk » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 am

Hello,

I run cacti 0.86e+machtrack 2.6.
I thought that adding a device into cacti automatic adds this device to the mactrack table - but this is wrong.
I have to select the devices I want to import, select "Import to Mactrack" and get to the next page with no-selectable drop-down menu.
Is there a table missing? I have several sites configured with hundreds of devices inside.

Next: Is there a possibility to check if all devices are in mactrack or view all devices which are not in mactrack?

Torsten
Attachments
mactrack-import-error.gif
mactrack-import-error.gif (3.82 KiB) Viewed 6427 times

TheWitness
Developer

#2 Post by TheWitness » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:16 pm

MacTrack does not support Cacti 0.8.6. You must use Cacti 0.8.7x and PIA 2.x.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Central Templates Repository

I'm still out there people. Getting excited for Cacti 1.2. I think it will be a great release.

TheWitness
Developer

#3 Post by TheWitness » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Oh, sorry, misread. Download 2.7 from Doc's site. Also, you need to "link" the devices to MacTrack devices using the Option to do so. It's not automatic.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

I'm still out there people. Getting excited for Cacti 1.2. I think it will be a great release.

torstentfk
Cacti User

#4 Post by torstentfk » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:55 am

TheWitness wrote:Oh, sorry, misread. Download 2.7 from Doc's site. Also, you need to "link" the devices to MacTrack devices using the Option to do so. It's not automatic.

TheWitness
arg - wrong version given: I run 0.8.7d and pia 2.6...

TheWitness
Developer

#5 Post by TheWitness » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:34 am

I thought so, but was not sure. I have to check with Gandalf. However, the way that it was engineered, you can link the Cacti device to the MacTrack device. However, I am uncertain if he provided a direct import option.

TheWitness

torstentfk
Cacti User

#6 Post by torstentfk » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 am

good to hear...
But my first problem is not be able to import from cacti-device page into mactrack - the dialog is empty !

Linking the devices is only possible in mactrack - but there should occure the device first. Next - I am missing a function (or cannot see) you to assign many devices to a mactrack site (mass function)

Torsten

gandalf
Developer

#7 Post by gandalf » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 pm

I fear that this again is some plugin for the host.php page that does not pass data to the next plugin. So please deactivate plugins one by one and retry to find the bad one
R.

fflyerm

#8 Post by fflyerm » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 am

torstentfk wrote:good to hear...
But my first problem is not be able to import from cacti-device page into mactrack - the dialog is empty !
Hi,
I even can´t find this function...could someone please describe how exactly I can import the "normal" devices into mactrack??

Thx and regards,
Michael

TheWitness
Developer

#9 Post by TheWitness » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 pm

2.9 is the latest.

fflyerm

DEvice types

#10 Post by fflyerm » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 am

hi,
thanks. That helps :-)
another question...how to get the device types? Do I have to add them manually or is ther a possibillity to add them automatically?

thx

Michael

TheWitness
Developer

#11 Post by TheWitness » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:10 am

Once you have your devices imported, push the "Rescan" button. You will have to classify each device type detected though.

TheWitness