Cacti WeatherMap Migration

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Cacti WeatherMap Migration

#1 Post by Kieutrang » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 am

Dear All

I have migrate and upgrade cacti from (0.8.7e / Window2008R2 64bit) to (0.8.8c / Window2008R2 64bit)
All devices polling seem fine except my weathermap could not function (the picture already shown but all link grey with 0% usage) . When I click any object in weathermap....it link back to my old cacti.
The weathermap is using 0.97a currently

Would anyone advice the step?
1) any folder / object /.php .....etc need to copy/over right from old cacti?
2) Anywhere I missing to change the permission on new server for weathermap?

Additional thing
New Cacti plan to using snmpv3 from v2 , is there any way to change all my devices by polling snmpv3? (instead click every object and change 1 by 1?)

Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: Cacti WeatherMap Migration

#2 Post by Howie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:38 am

Not sure why you wouldn't at least move to latest 0.8.8 (h)... and latest Weathermap too (0.98a).

Rule 1 - look in the logs. You will probably have warnings with WEATHERMAP in the line for each target in the cacti.log. My guess - the files are in a different directory.

If your new cacti has a different URL to the old one, then yes, you will need to change the URLs in the map files too! :-)

If the datestamp on your maps is going up in time, your permissions are OK for that. The map is being updated.

I think one of the cli/ folder tools will help with bulk-changing devices (make sure you have a backup!)
Weathermap 0.98 is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)

Howie
Cacti Guru User

#3 Post by Howie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:39 am

Oh I see you are a spammer. Never mind then, I guess.
Weathermap 0.98 is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#4 Post by netniV » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Howie wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:39 am
Oh I see you are a spammer. Never mind then, I guess.
Well, his first post all those months ago may have been, but this seems like a legit question... if he posts more spam though, he'll get deleted if reported or I see it ;-)

As for mass changing of devices, you can select devices in the devices list via the tick option and then use the drop down at the bottom to change the selected device options. If you have lots, you may find the CLI better as Howie so perfectly suggests.

Howie
Cacti Guru User

#5 Post by Howie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:28 pm

It's someone else's legit question from 2015... I thought it was a weird set of versions for 2019 :-)

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54136

(But my first guesses this time were spot on, too :D )

That first post was also something else originally (you answered a question) and then edited to be a spam message a month later. I guess it gets into search engines that way...