Oddness with overlib

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Cacti User

Oddness with overlib

#1 Post by Tybio » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:41 am

I'm having issues with some of my overlibs "flashing" when I mouse over the link. This seems to only happen on the right hand side of the map with links that are close to the edge.

Any advice out there?

Syngress

#2 Post by Syngress » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:46 am

Dont have a fix for you I am afriad, but I have the same problem too :) its too do with the pop window appearing which then makes the main window larger which then moves the item you are hovering over which then closes the pop up, and so on.

Syngress

Howie
Cacti Guru User

#3 Post by Howie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:49 am

I know this doesn't solve it for you, Tybio, but usually the solution is to set the OVERLIBWIDTH and OVERLIBHEIGHT to the correct size of the hover image.

That way Weathermap can figure out that the image will go off the side of the screen, and then put it to the left of the cursor when you are on the right side of the screen.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)

Tybio
Cacti User

#4 Post by Tybio » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:36 pm

Yep, checked that Howie. Found that it only happens in Firefox. Very strange.

Tybio
Cacti User

#5 Post by Tybio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Just to close the loop on this, I resolved it by doing the following:

1> Open the OVERLIBURL for a graph that is having the issue in it's own browser so all you get is the img.

2> Right click on the image and select properties

3> Note the Height and Width (Ignore the settings in the URL for height and width, those are NOT the final output of graph creation)

4> Modify your OVERLIBWIDTH and OVERLIBHEIGHT to match the numbers you found.

The issue for me was a migration to a new server...even with the same cacti DB, the new version of GD seemed to change the final size by a few pixels...normally not a big deal, but if that change causes the window to expand enough to be under the mouse you end up with the flashing window.

Hope that helps some people.