THOLD Template email updates affect all templates

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Cacti User

THOLD Template email updates affect all templates

#1 Post by Ahuber » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello;
Long time cacti user here, recently upgraded from 0.88 to 1.2.4 (then 1.2.5), and then upgraded thold from ?? to 1.3.1
Issue that I noticed is the following:
When I create a new thold template (or edit an existing one) - it appears that whatever email notification settings I save, gets applied to ALL OTHER templates (notify_extra, and the notification list setting)

What I have done as an effective workaround is to reapply whatever my default email notification is, then go into phpMyAdmin to change the notify_extra field of thold_data to the additional emails that I require for those.

Is this a bug? anyone else experiencing this?

I can provide more information, just not sure what additional information would help.

AHuber

Ahuber
Cacti User

Re: THOLD Template email updates affect all templates

#3 Post by Ahuber » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:47 am

A bug I thought so to, however because my upgrade was from data from so long ago (over 10 years old) I wasn't sure if the bug is in the code, or if it came from the upgrade, hence why I posted as such. Maybe someone else can test it out. All you'd have to do is change the notification of one template, then check another templated thold to see if its notification (greyed out) has also changed.
I'll log as a bug as soon as someone else tells me its happening to them too.

Thanks NetNiv!
AHuber
Attachments
THold Issues-emails-alerts.jpg
THold-Email-propogates-to-all-tempaltes-issue
THold Issues-emails-alerts.jpg (151.06 KiB) Viewed 333 times