Cacti v0.8.7g - Segmentation Fault after cacti.sql import

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Cacti v0.8.7g - Segmentation Fault after cacti.sql import

#1 Post by gunzl1ng3r » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 am

Hi all,

I just installed Cacti v0.8.7g on my server and ran into the known issue of Cacti causing the Apache to throw segmentation faults, when trying to run for the first time.

As far as I can see, I have installed all the neccessary php-modules as they are listed in the output of "php -m".

Accessing the database using the user supplied to Cacti is also possible.

When looking up this problem the answer I found was always "mysql -u cactiuser -p cacti < cacti.sql" - however, I have already done that - but I still get the before mentioned error.

Additionally, when changing in cacti/share/www/install and executing "php -e index.php" the html-code for the webinstaller is printed correctly... accessing through browser ends up in the segmentation fault.

I also tried to manually debug the index.php by generating output before the html is printed, end all that works pretty fine - it is only when the html comes into play, the Apache throws the error.

Has anyone met this problem before? If yes, help would really be appreciated :)

Greetings,

gunzl1ng3r

// UPDATE: I got the installer running by adding "<?php exit(0); ?>" at the end of the cacti/share/www/installer/index.php, however after successfully completing the installer a successful login redirects me to the change password page, which again results in the segmentation fault...

P.S.:
Versions:
CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.x86_64
httpd.x86_64 2.2.15-15.el6.centos.1
php.x86_64 5.3.3-14.el6_3
mysql.x86_64 5.1.67-1.el6_3
cacti.x86_64 0.8.7g-2

gandalf
Developer

Re: Cacti v0.8.7g - Segmentation Fault after cacti.sql impor

#2 Post by gandalf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Weel, we only use php under apache. So I can't see how this affects the web server. Which information do you find for the error regarding the web server's log?
R.

gunzl1ng3r

Re: Cacti v0.8.7g - Segmentation Fault after cacti.sql impor

#3 Post by gunzl1ng3r » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Ah sorry, for the inconvenience, I was already able to fix... or better elude the problem by switching from php-eaccelerator to php-pecl-apc - It looks like the php-eaccelerator was somehow messing with how the apache handles the .php ...