Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spine Poller skips queries
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:43 pm 

I am grabbing network traffic, #users, #processes via snmp, and have one custom data input method and one custom data query method, both of which access the remote host via ssh method.

Network traffic for both eth0 and eth1 interfaces are populated fairly well. However, users and processes have no data and the custom data query method is sparsely populated as well as the custom data input method.

What I've found is that the poller is completely skipping #users and processes. It also only occasionally grabs data for both custom input methods - only a few times an hour, more or less. I cannot figure out why this is happening. The poller is operating well within its time window. The host has a good low latency network connection.

The log file doesn't show any poller activity for the missing bits so this isn't an issue where the poller is trying but not getting data. There's just nothing.

Cron is set to 5 min for spine
Spine interval is set to 1 min

Network interfaces, users, processes and the custom query are set to 1 min intervals
The custom input method is set to 5 min intervals.

All queries and custom scripts work reliably when running them manually from the CLI.

I only have about 50 hosts.

Let me know if more info is required.

Thanks for any ideas.

Post subject: Re: Spine Poller skips queries
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:59 pm 
Cacti Pro User

If you changed your spine interval, and your data collection for the graphs is something else (aka 5 minutes), then every graph will not poll every minute. To do that right, you would remove the graphs using the 5 minute interval, change the default Data Source Profile to 1 minute, and the re-create the graphs.

I hope this makes sense. Sorry it's not easier. This is more of an RRDtool limitation its actually more of a math and physics issue.