Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
Hi, I am a new user to Cacti and have recently completed an install of Cacti version 1.1.38 on a CentOS 7 virtual machine (on a Windows 10 host using VMWare Workstation Pro). I am able to add devices using the Cacti web application and can see some of their basic statistic such as port numbers, VLAN assignments, and MAC/IP addresses when I select my devices under Create> New Graphs, but when I attempt to create a graph for any device Cacti does not create a graph and I receive the following error:

/bin/rrdtool: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libpango-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_log_structured_standard

I have found another post in which the user had this error, at https://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59352

In this post the fix for this error appears to be that the user needed to have the proper Pango library installed, but my question is where does this library need to be installed? I have extracted pango-1.42.4 to my ~ directory for root, should I move it to /lib and create a libpango-1.42.4 directory for it, or is there another location that it needs to exist?

Thank you for any help you can provide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
Cacti Guru User

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 am
Posts: 2080
CentOS 7 requires you to update these things independantly. I had the same issue the other day.

Just make sure you've run all your updates, yum update -y (repeatedly!)

The problem is that the libpango libraries that get installed are outdated as the RRDTool package doesn't specify a minimum version for itself but relies on the dependancies of the direct packages it wants to do that, and so just installing RRDTool doesn't update them.

_________________
Official Cacti Developer

Cacti Resources:
Cacti Website (including releases)
Cacti Issues
Cacti Development Releases
Cacti Development Documentation

My resources:
How to submit Pull Requests
Development Wiki and How To's
Updated NetSNMP Memory template for Cacti 1.x
Cisco SFP template for Cacti 0.8.8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
I believe I have found a fix for the error I was receiving; https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/57869 suggests that I needed to upgrade my glib to glib2, so I did by running the command
yum upgrade glib2

Now when I try to create graphs in Cacti I get the following error:

error: opening 'usr/share/cacti/rra/<device-name-here>_traffic_in_6.rrd': No such file or directory

After looking at the information at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=250348 it appears that I at least am lacking some important files, as the user in that report shows a long listing of files in:

[[email protected] ~]$ ls -l /var/lib/cacti/rra/ | tail
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 94816 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_hdd_free_43.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 141640 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_load_1min_39.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_proc_41.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_users_40.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_buffers_11.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_buffers_20.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_cache_21.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_free_22.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_swap_12.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_proc_13.rrd

Whereas my ls -l of the same directory returns no contents of interest (besides .htaccess).

After reading the above information, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed to fix the error "opening 'usr/share/cacti/rra/<device-name-here>_traffic_in_6.rrd': No such file or directory", or how I should go about updating my cacti install so that the folders in var/lib/cacti are properly populated?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
netniV wrote:
CentOS 7 requires you to update these things independantly. I had the same issue the other day.

Just make sure you've run all your updates, yum update -y (repeatedly!)

The problem is that the libpango libraries that get installed are outdated as the RRDTool package doesn't specify a minimum version for itself but relies on the dependancies of the direct packages it wants to do that, and so just installing RRDTool doesn't update them.


Also thank you for the above information, I am running yum update -y now (repeatedly) to see how that remedies my situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
Cacti User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:45 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Long Island, New York, USA
Tarot wrote:
I believe I have found a fix for the error I was receiving; https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/57869 suggests that I needed to upgrade my glib to glib2, so I did by running the command
yum upgrade glib2

Now when I try to create graphs in Cacti I get the following error:

error: opening 'usr/share/cacti/rra/<device-name-here>_traffic_in_6.rrd': No such file or directory

After looking at the information at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=250348 it appears that I at least am lacking some important files, as the user in that report shows a long listing of files in:

[[email protected] ~]$ ls -l /var/lib/cacti/rra/ | tail
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 94816 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_hdd_free_43.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 141640 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_load_1min_39.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_proc_41.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-07 21:20 srv1_localhost_users_40.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_buffers_11.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_buffers_20.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_cache_21.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_free_22.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_mem_swap_12.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti root 47992 2007-08-01 02:00 srv1_proc_13.rrd

Whereas my ls -l of the same directory returns no contents of interest (besides .htaccess).

After reading the above information, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed to fix the error "opening 'usr/share/cacti/rra/<device-name-here>_traffic_in_6.rrd': No such file or directory", or how I should go about updating my cacti install so that the folders in var/lib/cacti are properly populated?


Try
[[email protected] ~]$ ls -l /usr/share/cacti/rra/*_6.rrd

Look for that single file as opposed to all of the other ones. If it exists, check file permissions. If not, check the directory permissions to see if the poller can create files in there under the current user.

_________________
See the Cacti 1.x templates I use at: http://www.camerabob.com/cacti

Live: Cacti 1.1.38 @ CentOS 7-5.1804.5.e17
Test: Cacti 1.1.38 @ CentOS 7-6.1810.2.e17


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
Quote:
Try
[[email protected] ~]$ ls -l /usr/share/cacti/rra/*_6.rrd

Look for that single file as opposed to all of the other ones. If it exists, check file permissions. If not, check the directory permissions to see if the poller can create files in there under the current user.


Running ls -l /usr/share/cacti/rra/*_6.rrd, as well as a more general find . | grep *.rrd
from the root of my file system (both as root) turns up no files.

I have checked my cron entry and permissions for the user that poller runs as and it looks like poller has the correct permissions. See my attached screenshots to if you want to confirm this fact

My big question is "How are .rrd files generated? Are these template files that I import, or are they generated on the fly by poller, or are they typically included as part of a standard Cacti install, or something else entirely?"


Attachments:
Wed1.PNG
Wed1.PNG [ 4.58 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
Wed2.PNG
Wed2.PNG [ 2.26 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
Wed3.PNG
Wed3.PNG [ 54.37 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline
Cacti Guru User

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 am
Posts: 2080
Is your poller set to run in a cron or crontab entry? Normally in /etc/cron.d/cacti and if it is, check that user has permissions to create rrd files.

_________________
Official Cacti Developer

Cacti Resources:
Cacti Website (including releases)
Cacti Issues
Cacti Development Releases
Cacti Development Documentation

My resources:
How to submit Pull Requests
Development Wiki and How To's
Updated NetSNMP Memory template for Cacti 1.x
Cisco SFP template for Cacti 0.8.8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
Quote:
Is your poller set to run in a cron or crontab entry? Normally in /etc/cron.d/cacti


Yes, if you will check the screenshots above you will see my cron.d entry for poller.php used by the cacti user.

Quote:
and if it is, check that user has permissions to create rrd files.


I believe that the user has permission to create rrd files. What can I show that would verify this?

For example, here are some permissions from my /usr/share/cacti folder


Attachments:
CactiPerm1.PNG
CactiPerm1.PNG [ 45.85 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]
CactiPerm2.PNG
CactiPerm2.PNG [ 47.43 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]
CactiPerm3.PNG
CactiPerm3.PNG [ 47.77 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline
Developer

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:29 pm
Posts: 2744
Location: B/CS Texas
What does your Cacti log say?

_________________
Report a bug
Download Releases
1.X Compatible Plugins


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
Quote:
What does your Cacti log say?


Alot, but most notably there appears to be a problem as poller reaches the 300 second mark. Here are some screenshots of the log


Attachments:
Clog1.PNG
Clog1.PNG [ 50.5 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
Clog2.PNG
Clog2.PNG [ 53.97 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
Clog3.PNG
Clog3.PNG [ 59.19 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
Clog4.PNG
Clog4.PNG [ 55.53 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
Nothing in my cacti log seems to indicate what problem I am running into. The 300 second issue I mentioned earlier just seems to be a notification that a poller instance is hitting the end of its life cycle. I have gone ahead and tried running rrdtool by itself to create a graph, I am able to open and view that graph (on a different machine), and its specifications match the data that I have input for it.

Digging through the forums I came across this article from 200X: https://forums.cacti.net/post-80739.html
which seems to address a similar issue to the one I have run into, namely:

error: opening 'usr/share/cacti/rra/<device-name-here>_traffic_in_6.rrd': No such file or directory


The file locations mentioned in that post are no longer relevant, and perhaps the same is true for the post, but does anyone who is Cacti savvy see any correlation between that earlier forum post (and its included fixes) and the problem I am reporting for my current(ish) version of Cacti? Or does anyone have a different idea of what may be going wrong with my Cacti's graphing?


Attachments:
daxron.PNG
daxron.PNG [ 50.55 KiB | Viewed 71 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
Cacti User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:00 pm
Posts: 180
Have you checked Selinux? You can try disabling Selinux temporarily if you don't know much about it.

Thsi will tell you if it's enforcing or not
Code:
getenforce


this will set it to disable temporarily
Code:
setenforce 0


Let the poller run and see how it goes.

Try

Code:
su -l cacti -s /bin/bash


Then

Code:
touch /usr/share/cacti/rra/something.something

_________________
Cacti - 1.1.37
Poller Type - Spine
Weathermap 0.98a
Server Info - Linux 3.10.0 - Centos 7
Web Server - Apache/2.4.6 PHP 5.4.16
MySQL - 5.5 ;RRDTool - 1.4.8 ;SNMP - 5.7.2
Religion - Anti forum pets
Code:
SYSTEM STATS: Time:17.7383 Method:spine Processes:1 Threads:10 Hosts:279 HostsPerProcess:279 DataSources:7309 RRDsProcessed:3718

Code:
WEATHERMAP STATS: Weathermap 0.98 run complete - Thu, 16 Nov 17 08:42:56 +1300: 39 maps were run in 23.22 seconds with 0 warnings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
Ok, I have input the commands you suggested and pasted a snipping of my screen to the bottom of this post, now I am waiting to see what happens as poller runs. I will post a reply with the results tomorrow once poller has had some time to run.

Also, prior to inputting these commands and after fussing around with some of the settings in the Cacti (namely Configuration>Settings Tab:Poller - Set Poller Type to cmd.exe, Poller Interval to Every 10 Seconds, and Cron Interval to Every Minute (to match how it is set in my cron.d entry) I have been able to produce a few graphs. It just looks like poller needs to run for a while; I have also pasted a screen shot of a successful graphing and an unsuccessful graphing (same settings) below. For the graph that doesn't work is it possible that I simply don't have the right template imported for the data I am trying to graph?


Attachments:
ForumEx1.PNG
ForumEx1.PNG [ 13.83 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]
ForumEx2.PNG
ForumEx2.PNG [ 134.26 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]
ForumEx3.PNG
ForumEx3.PNG [ 113.68 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Displaying Graphs: Location for Pango Libary?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Posts: 9
I have let Cacti run overnight and it has produced some interesting graphs. I'm not sure how much of this development can be attributed to modifying the Cacti settings for Poller Interval and Cron Interval, and how much can be attributed to disabling selinux (as advised by user Pucho; thanks again for the suggestion!) . Either way, I have pasted a few of my working graphs below along with one of the broken ones. The broken graph appears when I try to chart the processes on a local Linux device.

At the moment I am not sure why some of the graphs I am attempting to create function properly and others continue to give me an error message, but I will be looking for more information on how to use templates with Cacti. If anyone takes a look at the images below and has an idea of what issue I may be dealing with I would appreciate any advice.


Attachments:
11.PNG
11.PNG [ 103.28 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
12.PNG
12.PNG [ 147.11 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
13.PNG
13.PNG [ 118.02 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
14.PNG
14.PNG [ 127.3 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group