Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No Graphs for a Cisco c4900M switch. Other graphs work fine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 am 

Hi,

I have recently gotten Cacti up and running on my network, and after some trial and error (see https://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php? ... go#p276433 for a little more detail on that process, if you want) I have been able to start producing graphs for the input/output rates of interfaces on my switches, most of which are Cisco 2950 and 3560 models. Unfortunately I am unable to generate graphs for my Cisco c4900M switch. I am posting screenshots of my Console>Devices tab, 2 shots of working graphs for different devices , and 1 shot showing the device menu for the 4900 and the lack of options to choose for creating graphs. Also, it is probably worth noting that I have run a tcpdump on the device hosting Cacti, and I can see incoming SNMP packets from the device for which I am having graph problems (192.168.44.5, internally, that is, the 4900 switch)

After reviewing these screenshots can anyone suggest a fix to create graphs for my 4900, or have you run into this problem as well?

I will be happy to share any information regarding my devices, operating systems, and hardware/software configurations should anyone ask.

Thank you for your time and any help you can provide.

Attachments:
CactiWorks.PNG
CactiWorks.PNG [ 144.9 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]
WorkingGraph1.PNG
WorkingGraph1.PNG [ 298.08 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]
WorkingGraph2.PNG
WorkingGraph2.PNG [ 316.38 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]
4900top.PNG
4900top.PNG [ 129.33 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]
4900bot.PNG
4900bot.PNG [ 63.12 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]

Post subject: Re: No Graphs for a Cisco c4900M switch. Other graphs work
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am 

Pretty sure the problem is that you have chosen the option that in order for Cacti to determine the host is up, the device has to be responsive both the SNMP and ICMP. However, your device is not responding to ICMP queries. Change the option such that the device can be considered up if it's only responding to SNMP queries and that should fix your problem.