Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nectar on Cacti 1.1.x?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm 

We are running Cacti 1.1.x on a CentOS 7.3 server. As they come out, we apply the yum updates for Cacti. Somewhere along the way the Nectar plugin stopped working, and I am trying to fix it. I just installed the latest yum update, which brought my Cacti version to 1.1.24.

Nectar was showing up under plugins with a status of "Installed", but clicking on the "Enable Plugin" button had no effect. Thinking I would just reinstall it, I clicked the "Uninstall Plugin" button, which removed it from the Plugins page.

When I went to find instructions and downloads to reinstall Nectar, I found that all the all of the instructions/downloads are really old and seem to apply only to pre-1.0 versions of Cacti. While searching the forums, I have seen many references stating that Nectar is now an "embedded" plugin in Cacti 1.0+.

What does it mean that it's an "embedded" plugin? How do I configure the creation and emailing of reports? Is the fact that there is very little documentation available (that I can find) due to the fact that it is completely obvious in the Cacti interface, and I am either missing it (which would not be out of the question!), or something is misconfigured so that I don't see where to manage it?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Nectar on Cacti 1.1.x?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 pm 
Developer

If you read the 1.0 Changelog, you will see
Quote:
feature: Merge Reporting (Nectar) Plugin - Reporting

The plugin isn't necessary anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:29 am 

OK, now that we've clarified that the Nectar functionality is embedded in 1.0+, can someone please point me to information on how to configure reports that I can email on a daily basis?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 pm 
Cacti User

First go to Configuration>Users>your_username>Permissions and tick "Reports Creation" and "Reports Management"

Do and F5 and you'll see a new tab called "Reporting" afterwards.

Server Info - Linux 3.10.0 - Centos 7
Web Server - Apache/2.4.6 PHP 5.4.16
MySQL - 5.5 ;RRDTool - 1.4.8 ;SNMP - 5.7.2
Religion - Anti forum pets
Code:
SYSTEM STATS: Time:17.7383 Method:spine Processes:1 Threads:10 Hosts:279 HostsPerProcess:279 DataSources:7309 RRDsProcessed:3718

Code:
WEATHERMAP STATS: Weathermap 0.98 run complete - Thu, 16 Nov 17 08:42:56 +1300: 39 maps were run in 23.22 seconds with 0 warnings.