Upgrades

Support for the Plugin Architecture

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Upgrades

#1 Post by Howie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:27 pm

The PA README doesn't mention whether you need to re-apply the pa.sql during an upgrade. It doesn't look like the SQL contains anything to check if the table already exists, or anything to add new columns though. I don't know if the structure actually changes from one release to the next...

Also, the "more detailed documentation" at http://cactiusers.org/wiki/PluginArchitectureInstall doesn't mention SQL files at all, let alone upgrades...
Weathermap 0.98 is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)

TheWitness
Developer

#2 Post by TheWitness » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:00 am

Currently there are not additional changes to pa.sql required for the PIA 2.5. However, with your recent request (that of priority/ordering), I suspect that this will happen in the near future.

I would like for the PIA to detect the presence of it's own tables, and if they don't exist, install/upgrade them. Sound like a good plan?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Central Templates Repository

I'm still out there people. Getting excited for Cacti 1.2. I think it will be a great release.

Howie
Cacti Guru User

#3 Post by Howie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:08 am

TheWitness wrote:I would like for the PIA to detect the presence of it's own tables, and if they don't exist, install/upgrade them. Sound like a good plan?
I always thought that was a good plan - it's been working for plugins just fine, and there are plenty of threads on the forum which end with "did you import pa.sql?". My impression was that Jimmy didn't, however.
Weathermap 0.98 is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)

TheWitness
Developer

#4 Post by TheWitness » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 am

If you want to propose a patch to do 1) ordering of plugins, 2) auto create tables as a draft PIA 2.6, I would support it.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of MacTrack, Boost, CLog, SpikeKill, Platform RTM, DSStats, maintainer of Spine, lot's of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

I'm still out there people. Getting excited for Cacti 1.2. I think it will be a great release.

X-dark
Cacti User

#5 Post by X-dark » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 am

TheWitness wrote:Currently there are not additional changes to pa.sql required for the PIA 2.5.
To 2.5 from which version ?
If the system uses a 2.1 version of the PA, is it still true ?

TheWitness
Developer

#6 Post by TheWitness » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:18 pm

There have been no database changes since 2.0.

TheWitness

X-dark
Cacti User

#7 Post by X-dark » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:52 am

TheWitness wrote:There have been no database changes since 2.0.

TheWitness
Ok. Thank you.