The traffic of interface vlan is limited to 8Gbps in gragh

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

The traffic of interface vlan is limited to 8Gbps in gragh

#1 Post by zygemini » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 am

I used Cacti ver 0.8.8b for several years to monitor my network devices, it works well. Recently I installed a new device and I need to get the interface vlan traffic. I used to get the hardware interface before ,and never did it to the interface vlan. In "Create new gragh" page to create it, I saw the interface type was l3ipvlan(136).

This vlan traffic is varies from couple Gbps to dozens of Gbps, which i can display from the device console line. However, the gragh in cacti only has a maximum of 8Gbps. Once the traffic exceeds 8Gbps, nothing is displayed in cacti gragh.

I have no idea what the reason is. The cacti has a bug or the mib of the device is originally wrong. How to find the cause?

Thank you for your helps in advanced.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (11.81 KiB) Viewed 290 times
1.png
1.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Beast
Cacti User

Re: The traffic of interface vlan is limited to 8Gbps in gra

#2 Post by Beast » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm

it apears to be a rrd file max value limitation, check the max limits of the especific file with an rrd file editor o verify the max value that has been set in the especific data source template, hope this helps.
Beast
GitHub: DoubleBeast

zygemini

#3 Post by zygemini » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Beast wrote:it apears to be a rrd file max value limitation, check the max limits of the especific file with an rrd file editor o verify the max value that has been set in the especific data source template, hope this helps.
Thank you very much!
Actually I have found that "|query_ifSpeed|" is used as "Maximum Value " in Data Source Item Fields. After set it to "U", which means for No Maximum, and delete the rrd file, then it works.
But I will try rrd file editor to modify the max value, it seems a more convenient way.

Beast
Cacti User

#4 Post by Beast » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:01 am

zygemini wrote: Actually I have found that "|query_ifSpeed|" is used as "Maximum Value " in Data Source Item Fields.
This is the first time i see that the value of an rrd file is asociated to a variable, it must be an error i think, but excellent that you solve your problem, glad i could give you the hint.
Beast
GitHub: DoubleBeast