MAILER WARNING: Mail failed from...

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
camerabob
Cacti User

Re: MAILER WARNING: Mail failed from...

#16 Post by camerabob » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:44 pm

alert.png
alert.png (2.55 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Hover over the small green ? and read. I believe you need to add email addresses here.
See the Cacti 1.x templates I use at: http://www.camerabob.com/cacti

Live: Cacti 1.2.3 @ CentOS 7-6.1810.2.el7 & PHP 5.4.16-46.el7
Flowview @ 2.1
Mactrack @ 4.2
Maint @ 1.2
Monitor @ 2.3.6
Thold @ 1.2.4

Test: Cacti 1.2.4 @ CentOS 7-6.1810.2.el7 & PHP 5.4.16-46.el7
Maint @ 1.2
Monitor @ 2.3.6
Thold @ 1.2.4

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#17 Post by netniV » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:23 am

I believe that Camera Bob is right. You don't have an email addresses defined against the threshold (and i'm assuming that this isn't a templated threshold). Whilst you do have the administrative email defined for core problems, that isn't used by Threshold and you don't have any lists associated as you'd already mentioned so there are no email address to use. If you feel that using the administrative email address as a back up should be used by Threshold, I'd suggest opening an Enhancement Request for it on GitHub were TheWitness has been making quite a few changes recently.

https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_thold/i ... .md&title=

osaumet

#18 Post by osaumet » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 pm

netniV wrote:I believe that Camera Bob is right. You don't have an email addresses defined against the threshold (and i'm assuming that this isn't a templated threshold). Whilst you do have the administrative email defined for core problems, that isn't used by Threshold and you don't have any lists associated as you'd already mentioned so there are no email address to use. If you feel that using the administrative email address as a back up should be used by Threshold, I'd suggest opening an Enhancement Request for it on GitHub were TheWitness has been making quite a few changes recently.

https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_thold/i ... .md&title=
No, If what you are telling is like that, there is no sense to have the Notification List field in the threhold template. If you see, I have a notification list added in the warning and in the alert. However this is just an example, I played around with different choices, I've put previoulsly just a single email, later on I added the option to notify the admin user and last one was the notification list and with all of them is exactly the same error, so I don't know if is something related with PHP or related with the integration between thold plugin and cacti of if is a problem of cacti itself. As I told you previously I've been using cacti since long long time ago and I've never faced this issue before.

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#19 Post by netniV » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Sorry, I mistook the entries against notification lists as being unset, not that the list name was that. What do you have in the notification list then? And what version of Thold are you using?

osaumet

#20 Post by osaumet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:20 am

netniV wrote:Sorry, I mistook the entries against notification lists as being unset, not that the list name was that. What do you have in the notification list then? And what version of Thold are you using?
No worries, actually thank you for trying to help me. My thold version is tha last one 1.24 and in the notification list is just my email address.

osaumet

#21 Post by osaumet » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Well.. I'm gonna close this topic because I found the problem. The PHP version. I installed a fresh cacti copy with PHP7.0 instead of 7.3 and now the notifications are sent properly.

Cheers

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#22 Post by netniV » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:32 pm

ugh, I've literally just seen the PHP 7.3 email testing bug but it didn't occur to me that it could apply to this as well.