Cacti Monitor Plugin requires an html based Email client

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Cacti User

Cacti Monitor Plugin requires an html based Email client

#1 Post by Lalbee99 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:24 am

Does anybody know how to shut this alert up. I can't find anything on this issue. I am running Cacti 1.2.2 with monitor 2.3.4 and THOLD 1.2.4. Everytime a device reboots or snmp restarts it send a page with "Cacti Monitor Plugin requires an html based Email client". Any help would be appreciated.

netniV
Cacti Guru User

Re: Cacti Monitor Plugin requires an html based Email client

#2 Post by netniV » Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm

That sounds like the device reboot notification. What do you actually get? Can you foward a copy to [email protected]?

Lalbee99
Cacti User

#3 Post by Lalbee99 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm

I opened a ticket on the monitor plugin. It seems in the newer version of Cacti the notifications are via HTML which works fine for email notifications but not for alerting via an old fashion pager. Specifically go under CONFIGURATION --> SETTINGS --> MONITOR --> Notification Report Format . All the formats available are via HTML. In shops where pagers are still in use this will cause an error and a message of "Monitor Plugin requires an html based Email client" to be sent to the pager.

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#4 Post by netniV » Sat May 18, 2019 4:32 am

Ah, yes that was what i thought, i was the client having the issue but a need for text only version seems reasonable

Lalbee99
Cacti User

#5 Post by Lalbee99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Any word on a solution. I am receiving a world full of crap from other people on-call about this message being received on their pagers "Cacti Monitor Plugin requires an html based Email client" every time a host reboots or snmp is restarted.

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#6 Post by netniV » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:25 pm

If it's been reported on GitHub, that will be the place to see any updates.