Automation creating duplicate devices

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Automation creating duplicate devices

#1 Post by penultimatum » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:19 am

I'm using the automation to scan and add hosts but I'm getting duplicate hosts even though I have not enabled 'Allow same sysName on different hosts'.

Looking at the host table I can see existing host as such:

Code: Select all

+-----+--------------+--------------+-----------------------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
| id  | hostname     | snmp_version | snmp_sysObjectID      | description           | snmp_sysName              |
+-----+--------------+--------------+-----------------------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
| 355 | 10.2.55.1    |            2 | iso.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.832 | CAA-CORE-SW1          | \"CAA-CORE-SW1\"          |
I think the issue is the \" either side of the snmp_sysName in the table. I manually updated this table column to change snmp_sysName from \"CAA-CORE-SW1\" to CAA-CORE-SW1, deleted the duplicate hosts and then re-ran the automation network and then I didn't get the duplications. However, it appears each time Cacti polls it ends up changing the snmp_sysName back.

Should Cacti be storing the snmp_sysName with the \" - or is automation not checking for this formatting of the snmp_sysName?

How can I fix this? I'm trying to populate cacti but ending up with some hosts duplicated 12 times and each with 1000+ graphs so adding considerable load!

Thanks.

netniV
Cacti Guru User

Re: Automation creating duplicate devices

#2 Post by netniV » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:18 am

That is likely because your device is returning the name with quotes were most do not.

Osiris
Cacti Pro User

Re: Automation creating duplicate devices

#3 Post by Osiris » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:38 am

Spine or cmd.php?
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.