[SOLVED] Breaks in graphs; graphing stop, resumes, stops, resumes, etc

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

[SOLVED] Breaks in graphs; graphing stop, resumes, stops, resumes, etc

#1 Post by xdracco » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am

Greetings forum,

I have Cacti version 1.2.7 installed and I just added a new device to cacti, a Raspberry Pi to be exact (last year's model). After adding the new device to Cacti, I proceeded to add 5 graphs: CPU usage, eth0, load average, memory usage, and processes.

Graphing works... sort of. As you can see from the uploaded images at the bottom of this post, it graphs, then quits for a while, then starts graphing again. It always (seemingly) starts graphing by the next polling cycle after I login to Cacti. On this note, I have Cacti configured to use Spine.

I have also noticed, in the past, the very last graph I add to cacti suffers this same issue. This is a bit unusual as every graph added has breaks in graphing for the the last device I added to Cacti.

I have a total of 8 devices (including the new device) configured. All graphs from the 7 existing devices are being graphed without any issues. Again, it appears it's always the last device/graph added that suffers from these breaks in graphing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Any insight appreciated.
g3.png
g3.png (68.5 KiB) Viewed 69 times
g2.png
g2.png (75.09 KiB) Viewed 69 times
g1.png
g1.png (79.07 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Last edited by xdracco on Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The answer to life, the universe and everything is int main() { return 42; }

xdracco

Re: Breaks in graphs; graphing stop, resumes, stops, resumes, etc

#2 Post by xdracco » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I may have inadvertently enabled something, i can't say for sure but all graphs and resumed normal graphing. marking as solved even w/o a real solution.
The answer to life, the universe and everything is int main() { return 42; }