Traffic difference between Cacti versions

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Traffic difference between Cacti versions

#1 Post by Hitch » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:20 am

I've set up Cacti 1.2.7 on a new server to replace an old server running Cacti 0.8.8.f and am having a few difficulties. One being the traffic graphs are not nearly the same.
I've attached a pic displaying aggregate of one interface on a cisco cmts. This is the downstream traffic. The graphs are not just 'wrong' in aggregate graphs either, the individual graphs are also different. I've not tweaked anything in rrdtool. I'm using 64 bit counters on each server. Time frame is the same. I am missing something, but I don't know where to look. cdef for turning bytes to bits is correct. The servers are on the same network. The colors are different, thats me, didn't set the color templates up quite yet.
I guess my questions are, which is more accurate, or what should I look for to make sure my graphs are accurate?

Thank you,
Hitch
Attachments
agg-pic-for-cacti-net.png
agg-pic-for-cacti-net.png (468.4 KiB) Viewed 539 times

cigamit
Developer

Re: Traffic difference between Cacti versions

#2 Post by cigamit » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:51 am

Post a pic of the graph template on the 1.2.7. We added new GPRINT types which may be affecting it (more accurate, so you can do things like Max of Max, instead of Average of Max which was the old way) but I don't recall if we enabled them by default or not on that template.

Hitch

Re: Traffic difference between Cacti versions

#3 Post by Hitch » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:48 pm

Ok, here is a snapshot of the template for the graph. Selecting item #7 (Max) basically destroys the graph. Did you want the graph template for the actual graphs instead of the aggregate graph?

Thank you very much for looking into this!

Hitch
Attachments
agg-template-for-cacti-net.png
agg-template-for-cacti-net.png (53.56 KiB) Viewed 503 times