MySQL too much errors/warnings

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
dsmelk

MySQL too much errors/warnings

#1 Post by dsmelk » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:18 pm

Since I upgrade my cacti installation from 0.8.8 to 1.2.7 I started to get lots of Mysql Issues.

My old environment:
  • 01 Frontend server
  • 01 DB server
  • 3000 devices
  • Cacti version: 0.8.8b (with spine)
My new environment:
  • 01 Frontend server
  • 01 DB server
  • 03 Remote Pollers
  • 3000 devices
  • Cacti version: 1.2.7 (with spine)
DataBase daily issues: (the numbers mean the occurrence amount on cacti.log)
  • 128 - 'cacti' user: 'cacti' host: 'cacti2.host' (Got an error reading communication packets)
  • 520 - 'cacti' user: 'cacti' host: 'cacti3.host' (Got an error reading communication packets)
  • 64 - 'cacti' user: 'cacti' host: 'cacti4.host' (Got timeout reading communication packets)
  • 286 - 'cacti' user: 'cacti' host: 'cacti5.host' (Got an error reading communication packets)
  • 406375 - 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: 'cacti3.host' (This connection closed normally without authentication)
  • 1791 - 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: 'cacti4.host' (This connection closed normally without authentication)
DataBase stats:
MariaDB [cacti]> show global status like '%abort%';
+---------------------------------------+------------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+---------------------------------------+------------+
| Aborted_clients | 1226 |
| Aborted_connects | 409546 |
| Aborted_connects_preauth | 409541 |
| wsrep_local_bf_aborts | 0 |
+---------------------------------------+-----------+

NOTE: I found an old post (from 2011) and the suggestion it was disabling the persistent connections:
Link: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43677
  • mysql.allow_persistent = off
I'm not so sure if I can disable the persistent connections without collateral effects.

Please if someone can help me I will appreciate it.
Davyd Silva - 8)

netniV
Cacti Guru User

Re: MySQL too much errors/warnings

#2 Post by netniV » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:16 am

I don't understand how you have four hosts, when you've stated you only have one? Also that seems an awfully high number of unauthenticated connections to your DB server. You should probably trace where they are from.

dsmelk

#3 Post by dsmelk » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:59 am

Hi netniV,

When I had just one poller, for all those devices, the spine was taking about 5 min to collect all items, some times more than 5 min, so I started to have broken graphics.

Another reason is the fact that I have devices with more than 120.000 items (at least 100 or more), so when one or two of them just got slow the poller started to break, so the idea was just balancing and also avoid global failures in case one group of devices stop to working or start to freeze.

All those warnings come from the Remote Collectors, I still trying to figure out why that unauthenticated connection happens and which process is making it.
Davyd Silva - 8)

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#4 Post by netniV » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:43 am

Sorry, my bad when I was reading though, I missed the 3 remote pollers. I suspected the problem was my end not yours on that :)