Also a note to all cactid/Redhat 9 users, I suggest that you upgrade your kernel to the latest errata version before using cactid. I ran into a bug with cactid that exploited a nasty bug in the kernel and caused it to panic. I added code to hopefully prevent this from happening, but I know the newest kernel does fix the bug.
Below is the changelog:
Code: Select all
-bug#50: When viewing a graph, only display it for the RRAs used on the graph. -bug#66: Users can see a list of all hosts in graph preview mode. -bug#71: Extra escape characters in the |date_time| variable output. -bug#72: Disk space graph for ucd/net was broken for original 0.8 users. -bug#75: Problems monitoring more than one CPU with query_host_cpu.php. -bug#76: Cactid segfault on Solaris caused by unchecked use of NULL with sprintf. -bug#77: Cactid segfault upon a MySQL connect error. -bug#79: Check for unique/valid data when the user selects a field to index their new data sources off of. -bug: Redirect user to the correct page after a forced password change. -bug: Problems entering negative numbers for upper/lower limit fields on graph pages. -bug: Never try to use internal SNMP support if SNMP version 2 or 3 is selected. -bug: Adding or removing data source items in a data template should update attached data sources as well. -bug: Problems updating certain fields when switching or turning off both graph and data templates. -bug: Got rid of the "Use Per-Data Source Value" checkbox where it isn't usable. -bug: Strange sequence/ordering behavior after updating an already created tree item. -bug: Error message displayed instead of 'Access Denied' message. -feature: Added host and graph template permissions for graph viewing users. -feature: Added a new 'dual pane' tree view type that draws the graph trees on a DHTML tree on the left side of the page. -feature: Added the ability to add hosts to a tree. -feature: Added a 'timespan' field to "Round Robin Archives" to determine the timespan (in seconds) of graphs using each RRA. -feature: Completely replaced the header images/layout for both the console and graph viewing pages -feature: Added a navigation bar in the header so you can keep track of your location in the UI. -feature: Added bandwidth summation support. See the manual for more information. -feature: Made the installer more verbose about SQL it runs during an upgrade. -cactid: Changed threading strategy to spawn threads based on hosts. -cactid: Created header files for each source file and moved precasts out of cactid.h. -cactid: A bunch of autoconf updates.