Top 10 most utilized

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Top 10 most utilized

#1 Post by stream » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:17 am

Is there any way to get Cacti to view the Top 10 most utilized interfaces/cpu (% and actual usage) ?

Also it would be realy interesting to have the same functionality for top 10 error interfaces.

I use Cacti for monitoring of over 1000 objects so this functionality is of great importance for me ...

cdukes
Cacti User

Same here

#2 Post by cdukes » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:18 am

I manage several thousand interfaces, so this would be awesome to have, especially for the Sales teams!

Please let me know if someone figures this out!

Regards,
Clayton

megaman

#3 Post by megaman » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:54 pm

I need this feature very badly.. Right now our performance management is very reactive.. it goes something like this.... "Hey Jim, things seem to be running a little slower than usual out in Riverdale, could you take a look at it for me?" says Bob. "Sure Bob... It looks like the graphs from Cacti show 100% circuit utilization to the router out there... let me look at increasing the bandwidth.. " replies Jim. It would be very nice to have the top 10 feature to head this type of problem off before it happens....:)

fletch
Cacti User

General statistical module

#4 Post by fletch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:33 pm

It'd be cool if I could ask not just what are the top 10 utilized - but if I had the ability to ask more general arbitrary statistal questions:

Which monitored OIDs are showing a new pattern (eg outside their normal statistical variation) - ordering the graphs so that those exceeding their normal standard deviation threshold the most appear at the top...

I have not waded through the guts of rrd's yet, but this one might make me do it...

fletch
Cacti User

ain't google great

#5 Post by fletch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:45 pm