I have a few ideas
1) make the 32/64 bit graphing more seamless.
When generating the graphs, or polling this is when it would run.
If SNMP >= 2
try 64 bit, if fail revert to 32
try 32 bit
2) Option to reload data queries, or make some fields in graph generation to be dynamic, and poll them (titles or port descriptions)
3) Make spine a daemon, that runs in the background, then you could stream requests and receive, it would also would remove delays caused by database opening and closing, as well the daemon could cache the queries removing some latency with querying the database with large data sets.
4) If you add gd support or imagemagick you could autogenerate the tabs at the top instead of each plugin generating them, this would give a common look and feel.
5) More consistant templating, and adding functions to automate some of the repeated tasks, such as having tags in the template to loop through what is returned instead of entering the code (could always use smarty for the front end)
6) Support for rrdcached http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdcached.en.html
Anything that you think should be in Cacti.
1 post • Page 1 of 1