I have made a few bug fixes in Boost and am immediately releasing 2.1. The changes were made in response to a few very large site performance issues and will reduce your system load dramatically during Boost updates.
Here is the ChangeLog for the 2.1 release:
To upgrade this version of boost, you must follow the procedure below carefully:--- 2.1 ---
bug: Correcting overrun issues
bug: Rename maximum rows to maximum data sources
bug: RRDupdate batch process was not working as designed causing excessive memory to be consumed in some cases
feature: Log memory performance and make available via UI
1) Find a time when your poller has completed and the boost process is not running
2) Disable the poller from your crontab
3) Replace the old files with the new files
4) Verify permissions on all files meet your standards
5) Goto Plugin Management and Uninstall the 2.0 Plugin
6) Immediately Install and Enable the 2.1 Plugin
7) Goto Settings->Boost and take note of the new Setting. Set to the
default and Save. Read below for more information.
8) Re-enable the poller via crontab
Please note, there has been a setting change in this version. What was once a "Maximum Records Per Pass" is not "Maximum Data Sources Per Pass". The default is 2000, you MUST verify and set this value in the Settings page for upgrades from previous versions. Larger sites may want to increase this setting, but not to the point that it interferes with polling.