Juniper MX960 host template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
timi
Cacti User

Re: Juniper MX960 host template

#16 Post by timi » Tue May 13, 2014 1:36 am

looks like there is a problem with your perl modules, try to upgrade or reinstall

snasre

#17 Post by snasre » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

Well I have imported the Juniper MX960 template and I see that the graph templates and host templates are imported, but if I go to data queries, and click on Juniper data queries it says could not locate the XML file. Is that a problem? Did my import work?

timi
Cacti User

#18 Post by timi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:13 am

snasre wrote:Well I have imported the Juniper MX960 template and I see that the graph templates and host templates are imported, but if I go to data queries, and click on Juniper data queries it says could not locate the XML file. Is that a problem? Did my import work?
you did not follow the steps describe, you need put the xml file in the <path_cacti>/resource/snmp_queries/

NaT1

#19 Post by NaT1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:10 am

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm curious if anybody succeed to use this template over other MX models (MX104 maybe?)

hazey

#20 Post by hazey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:34 am

Sorry, not tried this on any other MX, though likely to do so later this year.

For other that find this thread, the perl has a dependancy on 'SNMP_util', this can be installed using the package 'libsnmp-session-perl'

bleearg
Cacti User

#21 Post by bleearg » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:48 am

I'm having a similar problem after migrating Cacti to a new server. The script cannot poll my routers and for some reason, it keeps trying to use SNMPv1, according to the output:

Code: Select all

SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xx.xx.xx.xxxxxx.xx" [192.168.1.65].161)
I can query hosts from the Cacti server just fine using v2c. If I configure the router to accept SNMPv1 requests, it works, but I don't want to do that on all my routers. Is there a way to force these scripts to use SNMPv2c? I don't understand why it works on the old server and not the new, unless something has changed between the different versions of Perl/Net::SNMP.

EDIT: As is usually the case, after wasting half a day on the problem, I find the solution less than 60 minutes after posting to a public forum. The issue for me was the difference between the SNMP_util.pm on the old server and the new server. The new server helpfully had the following:

$version = '1' unless defined $version;
Whereas the old server was:

$version = '2c' unless defined $version;
Changed it and now everything works as it should.

dogs1005

#22 Post by dogs1005 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:32 pm

nilsmax wrote:Every time i did add temple to my host i get following errors

This data query returned 0 rows, perhaps there was a problem executing this data query. You can run this data query in debug mode to get more information.
Select a graph type:

in Debug query i'm getting this

+ Running data query [12].
+ Found type = '4' [Script Query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/script_queries/juniper.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ <arg_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting arg_index entries
+ Executing script for list of indexes 'perl /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/juniper.pl brio.englab.juniper.net public index' Index Count: 0
+ Executing script query 'perl /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/juniper.pl brio.englab.juniper.net public query index'
+ Executing script query 'perl /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/juniper.pl brio.englab.juniper.net public query description'

can you please help me on this.
I know this is an old thread but has anyone found a solution to this error yet or point me to other juniper mx960 templates/

Thanks in advance

yurkou

#23 Post by yurkou » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi.
You need to install SNMP_util.pm http://www.filewatcher.com/m/SNMP_util.pm.41180-0.html

jayarathna

#24 Post by jayarathna » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 am

hi All
I have installed cacti Version 1.1.38 on centos7 but i have missed to tick device template list so, i have download templates from (https://docs.cacti.net/templates) for Official Cacti 1.x Packages. but its there not there juniper M series official package.
there is Contributed Host Templates with juniper template which i have tried to install but its not working since its there are many .xml files as attached print screen,

Kindly someone send me a link to download Juniper M Series Device Template to run as below,

#cd /usr/share/cacti/cli/
# php ./import_template.php --filename=cacti_host_template_juniper_mx960.xml.gz

Thanks,
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.81 KiB) Viewed 384 times

netniV
Cacti Guru User

#25 Post by netniV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 am

I'm not aware that there is a packaged version of the Juniper device. You can import the other template files (*.xml) using the Import/Export from the Console menu in Cacti itself.