Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Message
hmorandell
Cacti User
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#31 Post by hmorandell » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 am

I installed right now a fresh Cacti 1.0 on a test system (Ubuntu LTS).

After a few attempts everything went fine, I really appreciate the mysql suggestions you give during installation process, but once I get to the login mask i try to enter with admin/admin as username and password but I can not login.

In the cacti.log it results that the login went fine:

06/03/2016 05:32:04 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:35:19 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:31 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:34 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:39 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:40 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:41 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:42 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:43 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated


but nothing... I' always stuck at the login site.

Is it possible that this is a problem with the CSRF Code in include/global.php? I had problem with that already in the version 0.8.8, some plugins wouldn't work at all with this code loaded...

User avatar
micke2k
Cacti User
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#32 Post by micke2k » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:17 am

hmorandell wrote:I installed right now a fresh Cacti 1.0 on a test system (Ubuntu LTS).

After a few attempts everything went fine, I really appreciate the mysql suggestions you give during installation process, but once I get to the login mask i try to enter with admin/admin as username and password but I can not login.

In the cacti.log it results that the login went fine:

06/03/2016 05:32:04 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:35:19 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:31 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:34 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:39 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:40 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:41 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:42 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated
06/03/2016 05:38:43 PM - AUTH LOGIN: User 'admin' Authenticated


but nothing... I' always stuck at the login site.

Is it possible that this is a problem with the CSRF Code in include/global.php? I had problem with that already in the version 0.8.8, some plugins wouldn't work at all with this code loaded...
Yes, you need to change session name in config.php from "cacti1.0.0" to "cacti".

smiles
Cacti User
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#33 Post by smiles » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:10 am

Where can I report issues/bugs that I find on the dev branch? There is no (issues) option on the cacti repository like there is on plugin_syslog and plugin_thold.

cigamit
Developer
Posts: 2784
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: B/CS Texas
Contact:

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#34 Post by cigamit » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:06 am

smiles wrote:Where can I report issues/bugs that I find on the dev branch? There is no (issues) option on the cacti repository like there is on plugin_syslog and plugin_thold.
http://forums.cacti.net/viewforum.php?f=8

harry8010
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#35 Post by harry8010 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi,
I wanted to open a new Issue at github but it seems that Issues are deactivated, so I made a comment and cigamit fixed the issue quickly.

Due some spare time I will try to get the github version running on an clean debian 8.5 and by this to support the great work of the team

Where shall I post bugs/issues and is there any forum where to discuss Cacti 1.0?

Cheers

JJX
Cacti User
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:03 am

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#36 Post by JJX » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 am

How much "stable" is the development version?
Does it worth a test or we still have to wait?
cacti rulez!

cigamit
Developer
Posts: 2784
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: B/CS Texas
Contact:

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#37 Post by cigamit » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:50 am

Its becoming fairly stable, but we do sometimes break things as we add another feature and then work to resolve the issues caused by it. Its definitely fine to test it to see what is coming, but I still wouldn't use it in your production environment just yet.

smiles
Cacti User
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#38 Post by smiles » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 pm

FYI The issue tracker has been opened on the Github site. The devs are just about done closing out the open issues on the old Mantis tracker.

User avatar
rony
Developer/Forum Admin
Posts: 6016
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:35 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#39 Post by rony » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

We will be calling bankruptcy on mantis here shortly when we move into Beta for Cacti 1.0.0.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]

artiflo
Cacti User
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#40 Post by artiflo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:12 am

Hello,

I am on cacti 0.8.8b and I have an opportunity to test a new version for my 8000+ hosts and 220k+ datasource.

Did you have an Beta or RC version of cacti 1.0.0 ?

alexf76
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 am

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#41 Post by alexf76 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:07 am

Hello,

Is the new version of Cacti supports Aggregate graphs automation (with Aggregate & Autom8 plugins) ?

Thanks for your answers in advance

smiles
Cacti User
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#42 Post by smiles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:40 am

Yes aggregate and autom8 plugins have been rolled into Cacti 1.0.0 and no longer need to be installed as a plugin.

alexf76
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 am

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#43 Post by alexf76 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks for your answer.

Is Cacti v1.0 implement Aggregate plugin v1.0 too (with automation to create aggregate graphs) ?

Thanks

smiles
Cacti User
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#44 Post by smiles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:14 am

I do not see aggregate graph types as an option under Graph Rule selection, but you can open an issue on the Github site, or propose the code change for review here at https://github.com/Cacti/cacti.

User avatar
Osiris
Cacti Pro User
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:10 am

Re: Cacti Source Control moved to GitHub!

#45 Post by Osiris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:09 pm

smiles wrote:I do not see aggregate graph types as an option under Graph Rule selection, but you can open an issue on the Github site, or propose the code change for review here at https://github.com/Cacti/cacti.
That is presently not a feature that is included, though it has been requested, and there is an open issue for it. However, the feature set for Cacti 1.0 is pretty complete now. This is a wishlist item I think.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.

Post Reply