[SOLVED]Cron, snmp timeouts, poller table not empty

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
Cacti User

[SOLVED]Cron, snmp timeouts, poller table not empty

#1 Post by eholz1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Hello All,

This seems to be a generic issue, hence the post in the General area.
I am trying to understand the relationship between a device, the number of graphs
created, snmp timeouts (for a device with 1200 intems and 131 rows [or more]), and the poller table not empty warning.

1. are poller table not empty warnings of any consequence? (I think they contribute to gaps in graphs)
2. What is the relationship between device, the number of graphs, the profile used, cron poller cycle, and poller threads,
processes (using 4, with 30 threads) and poller table not empty warnings?

I can reduce or eliminate the snmp timeout warnings by extending the snmp timeout to 2000ms.
I can reduce or eliminate the poller output table not empty warnings by disabling the device, or
deleting all or most of the device graphs.

I have 380 active devices, and 3548 datasources.

Off hand, I would say that the cacti app is extremely limited in graph creation (without gaps that is) - depending on device type,
number of graphs and datasources, and the profile preset - I am using a profile set to 30secs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or input.

Thanks,
eholz1

eholz1
Cacti User

Re: [SOLVED]Cron, snmp timeouts, poller table not empty

#2 Post by eholz1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am

If anyone cares, the solution was to delete all rrd files, set cron to 5 minutes, used the System Default rrd profile (aka preset),
and set the poller (spine) to run every 5 minutes. This completely eliminated the poller table not empty warnings, and eliminated the
snmp timeouts on the Juniper MX-80s

I would like to try the High Collection Rate, and run spine every minute, but have
not tried that yet.

thanks,

eholz1