Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.8] [Updated 2019-1-10]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
Author
Message
nweibel
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.1] [Updated 2019-01-31]

#961 Post by nweibel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:16 pm

BSOD2600,

Do you have a way to upgrade Apache 2.4.37 to 2.4.38 in your package installer?

Thanks,

Erudes1991
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:37 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.1] [Updated 2019-01-31]

#962 Post by Erudes1991 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi, I have tried this installer as I was not able to run the software successfully on Linux:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59607&p=277117#p277117

I was able to install everything correctly, with Apache on Windows 10, however, when trying to access graphs I get this:

Image

It must be permissions that are not set properly. Task Scheduler shows Cacti task runs succesfully.

My other thread on the Linux side has a similar error as well.

Any thoughts? :oops:

bobbomo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:28 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.1] [Updated 2019-01-31]

#963 Post by bobbomo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am

Erudes1991 wrote:Hi, I have tried this installer as I was not able to run the software successfully on Linux:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59607&p=277117#p277117

I was able to install everything correctly, with Apache on Windows 10, however, when trying to access graphs I get this:

Image

It must be permissions that are not set properly. Task Scheduler shows Cacti task runs succesfully.

My other thread on the Linux side has a similar error as well.

Any thoughts? :oops:
Check this page for errors.
http://localhost/cacti/utilities.php?action=view_tech

User avatar
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 12:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.1] [Updated 2019-01-31]

#964 Post by BSOD2600 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm

nweibel wrote:BSOD2600,
Do you have a way to upgrade Apache 2.4.37 to 2.4.38 in your package installer?
Thanks,
Stop apache service
Extract httpd-2.4.38-win64-VC15.zip contents into the current c:\Apache24\ folder.
start apache service.

User avatar
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 12:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.1] [Updated 2019-01-31]

#965 Post by BSOD2600 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Erudes1991 wrote:I was able to install everything correctly, with Apache on Windows 10, however, when trying to access graphs I get this:
Enable graph debug on that screen. whats the rrdtool error?

aufrommars
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:36 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#966 Post by aufrommars » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:01 am

Hi
Yesterday I tested with version 1.2.1 and everything worked perfectly and plan to use it.

And today I found a new version 1.2.2 and tried to install it. It is not as easy to use as in version 1.2.1, which I know that the problem is that it cannot connect to the database And I can't fix it.

So I went back to install version 1.2.1 and it was not able to use as well as yesterday. And there was an error like version 1.2.2
I noticed that there was a problem, unable to connect to the database during the installation of the program.

Is there a simple solution for beginners?
I have tried many different methods in the post and have failed.

Thanks
****************************************************
Error Detail

Downloading MySQL Server 5.7.25......................Done!
[Install] MySQL Server 5.7.25 X86...................done!
Product installations done.

Starting product configurations ...

Configuring MySQL Server 5.7.25
-\Writing configuration file|/ - Error!
Configuration of MySQL Server 5.7.25 has completed unsuccessfully! (Check log for more details)
Finished configuring all selected products.
Configuring MySQL...
Stopping MySQL...
MySQL Stopped 0
Writing my.ini...
Starting MySQL...
MySQL Started 0
Installing Cacti DB
Output folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsc3F.tmp
Extract: timezone_posix.sql... 100%
Installing timezone_posix.sql
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Return value: 1
Installing cacti.sql
mysqladmin: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)'
Check that mysqld is running on localhost and that the port is 3306.
You can check this by doing 'telnet localhost 3306'
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Return value: 1
Creating Cacti DB User
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Updating Cacti defaults...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Output folder: C:\Apache24\htdocs\cacti\resource\snmp_queries
Extract: RFC1213.xml... 100%
Output folder: C:\Apache24\htdocs\cacti\resource\snmp_queries
Output folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp
Extract: cacti_data_query_rfc1213_statistics.xml... 100%
Output folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp
Installing Protocol Statistics template...
Output folder: C:\Apache24\htdocs\cacti\cli
FATAL: Connection to Cacti database failed. Please ensure:

- the PHP MySQL module is installed and enabled.
- the database is running.
- the credentials in config.php are valid.

netniV
Cacti Guru User
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#967 Post by netniV » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am

The problem seems to be that the username/password supplied isn't valid for MySQL.

lboyd
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#968 Post by lboyd » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:18 am

I just can't seem to figure it out. Fresh install of Winodws 7 Ultimate with all updates installed. Regardless of whether I use IIS or Apache I can't get it to install. Windows Defender and Firewall disabled. It looks like the database file isn't being created.

Thanks,
Leo

lboyd
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#969 Post by lboyd » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 am

I have the same problem installing on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Leo
aufrommars wrote:Hi
Yesterday I tested with version 1.2.1 and everything worked perfectly and plan to use it.

And today I found a new version 1.2.2 and tried to install it. It is not as easy to use as in version 1.2.1, which I know that the problem is that it cannot connect to the database And I can't fix it.

So I went back to install version 1.2.1 and it was not able to use as well as yesterday. And there was an error like version 1.2.2
I noticed that there was a problem, unable to connect to the database during the installation of the program.

Is there a simple solution for beginners?
I have tried many different methods in the post and have failed.

Thanks
****************************************************
Error Detail

Downloading MySQL Server 5.7.25......................Done!
[Install] MySQL Server 5.7.25 X86...................done!
Product installations done.

Starting product configurations ...

Configuring MySQL Server 5.7.25
-\Writing configuration file|/ - Error!
Configuration of MySQL Server 5.7.25 has completed unsuccessfully! (Check log for more details)
Finished configuring all selected products.
Configuring MySQL...
Stopping MySQL...
MySQL Stopped 0
Writing my.ini...
Starting MySQL...
MySQL Started 0
Installing Cacti DB
Output folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsc3F.tmp
Extract: timezone_posix.sql... 100%
Installing timezone_posix.sql
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Return value: 1
Installing cacti.sql
mysqladmin: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)'
Check that mysqld is running on localhost and that the port is 3306.
You can check this by doing 'telnet localhost 3306'
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Return value: 1
Creating Cacti DB User
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Updating Cacti defaults...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Output folder: C:\Apache24\htdocs\cacti\resource\snmp_queries
Extract: RFC1213.xml... 100%
Output folder: C:\Apache24\htdocs\cacti\resource\snmp_queries
Output folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp
Extract: cacti_data_query_rfc1213_statistics.xml... 100%
Output folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp
Installing Protocol Statistics template...
Output folder: C:\Apache24\htdocs\cacti\cli
FATAL: Connection to Cacti database failed. Please ensure:

- the PHP MySQL module is installed and enabled.
- the database is running.
- the credentials in config.php are valid.

aufrommars
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:36 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#970 Post by aufrommars » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:45 am

Now on Windows 7, I used cacti version 0.8.8h and worked perfectly
lboyd wrote:I just can't seem to figure it out. Fresh install of Winodws 7 Ultimate with all updates installed. Regardless of whether I use IIS or Apache I can't get it to install. Windows Defender and Firewall disabled. It looks like the database file isn't being created.

Thanks,
Leo


lboyd
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#972 Post by lboyd » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

MySQL is installed, but when the installed tries to start it there's a service doesn't exist error.

Leo

netniV
Cacti Guru User
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#973 Post by netniV » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Does it appear in your services list? Run services.msc to get to it quickly.

User avatar
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 12:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#974 Post by BSOD2600 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 pm

The error is actually occurring within the MySQL installer itself. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this issue has been encountered (if one looks on the MySQL forum, you'll find hints of this for months). Their latest web installer (which is what the cacti windows installer uses) downloads the latest code and has a bug.

Looks like I'll need to embed the previous full mysql installer for remediation. Will post when its been done and tested.

netniV
Cacti Guru User
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 am

Re: Windows Installer [Cacti 1.2.2] [Updated 2019-03-07]

#975 Post by netniV » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:25 am

One other thing, I noticed that another user had an issue where their MySQL was listening only on IPv6, make sure that your setup is listening correctly and that your connection details are definitely using the correct address (ie, if it's IPv6, the host should be ::1 with port 3306, if it's ipv6 it's host 127.0.0.1 with port 3306)

Post Reply