Cacti (home)ForumsDocumentation
Cacti: offical forums and support
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: FatPipe Templates
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:27 pm 
Cacti User

This is my first attempt at making templates. So needless to say they are pretty basic. I followed no intructions, I just played around until they worked. So again needless to say they can be refined. I would love to know more about creating better templates. After I made these (aobut 3 months ago now) I read the howto on doing it. It sounded vaguely similar to what I did, and I used some if what I learned to modify them.

For all they may lack in polish they make up for in the fact that they work, and are pretty freakin easy to set up and use. I monitor 4 FatPipes, all from WAN interfaces with these templates. I am not sure how you are supposed to import them. As in what order to import them, I figure someone else may know, and hopefully they can post the correct procedure.

If you are not familiar with FatPipe, it is a WAN aggregation device. They call it router clustering, but that is fancy marketing speak for WAN aggregation. In any case I am only interested in Ineterface stats, CPU and RAM on these boxes, so that is all that is included. Since they are esentially Linux, they can supply many standard linux MIB objects. There is a custom MIB for a fatpipe box, though it does not help at all with any of the interface stats, only with some static info like the product version, serial number, etc.

Enjoy.
Eddie Venus

Attachments:
File comment: FatPipe Host template, Graph Templates, and Data Templates.
cacti_fatpipe_templates.zip [37.92 KiB]
Downloaded 707 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:34 pm 
Cacti User

I have come to learn that RRA Definitions are included (cause "include dependencies" was checked). Who knows what my RRAs contain And I hear that THEY WILL OVERRIDE YOUR SETTINGS. So please check them before importing and reset to your previous settings, if modified.

I got this (almost verbatim) from this post
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=10491

Thanks, and good luck.

p.s. I do polling every minute, keep a years worth of 1 minute samples and still have all the rest set to defaults. I am not sure if this will make changes to any of that on your system or not, but that is how my RRAs are set up.

I use MIN, MAX, AVE and LAST on Hourly, Daily and Weekly. I use MAX, AVE and LAST on Monthly and Yearly.

Hope that can be avoided, it sounds like it can, but be aware of it.

Eddie Venus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:09 pm 
Cacti User

Eddie
Do you still graph Fatpipe appliances?? We have 2 inplace and would like to graph the active node...have you made any updates?

Thanks