Treed Host template with groups

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author

Treed Host template with groups

#1 Post by Maddi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 am

Hello,
I try to write a plugin for monitoring a NAS, and therefore I want to have this structure for the graphs:

HOST
|
LUNS
|
1----|
| -Queries
| - Bandwidth
|
2----|
| -Queries
| - Bandwidth
DISKS

(I hope it is understandable what I mean)
I already know how to make the graphtemplates for queries, bandwidth etc. (Well, at least most of them)
The first problem I have is, that now every of this items creates redundant rrd-files, but according to this post: http://forums.cacti.net/about34891.html this is not easily avoidable.

The second and major problem is, that I dont know how to automatically create graphs for every LUN and disk( and doing it manual could get boring ;) )

I thought about solving this Problem with Data Querys, but I dont really figure out how to handle it creating this structure. (I already made the script to get the names, so this is not the problem)

The second attempt was to bypass cacti when greating the datasources and graphs, with doing the same SQL entries that cacti does, and make these steps in a scipt, but the logging seems not to log all commands- even in DEVEL mode.

At this moment I even like better the idea with direct SQL, but therefore I would need a step-by-step manual what cacti does when creating a datasource and graph

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Maddi

EDIT: since the sheme is not displayed correctly, i draw it and attached it as picture
Attachments
cacti-sheme.jpg
cacti-sheme.jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 895 times

Maddi

#2 Post by Maddi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:38 am

FYI: My actual atempt is to do this with the command line programs.
When this works I will inform you here